Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just purchased a RIC 4003

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Somebassguy, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Arriving at my house in about 2 weeks (I'm sooo excited)! My question is this, I'm presently using a Bheringer Ultrabass BX1200, 120 Watts, 12 inch aluminum covered speakers. Will this amp do my Ric justice or do I need to upgrade to something bigger (shudders at the thought of dishing out more money). I really love this lil amp, has a huge sound and tons of tone conrols, just worried if it can handle the ric
    :confused:

2. antipop

antipop

Nov 6, 2003
    by 2 weeks they mean 2 months. hate to get you down.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    It'll handle it fine, but it will make you wanting more to harness the full power of the 4003. When i first got mine, i had just a 4x10, then i added a 1x15, and now i'm up there and it's perfect!

4. I just got my frist RIC last month or so. Im sure you will enjoy yours.
    My RIC actually is my number 1 now...i hardly touch anything else. I only wished i bought one sooner.

What finnish did you get your in?

5. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Lol, I totally know what you mean. I think every serious Bass player eventually buys a Ric at some point (it usually ends up being the last bass they buy). They spend thousands of dollars trying to get that right sound when all they really need to do is spend 1000.00 and get it right the 1st time. Just think of the rig you can get with all that money saved! I actually tried at least 20 basses this month till a light just went off in my head screaming Ric. Ric!!!

To answer your question, I chose the fireglo. There are so many nice colors to choose from I just couldn't decide so I went the traditional safe route hehe.

6. Yeah, i tried just about every bass i could get my hands on, then i saw some great deals on RIC's and i decided just to go for it...and it worked! I havent really wanted any other bass or even looked twice at any other bass since. (Cept maybe other RIC's ;))

I too bought fireglo! its a beautiful finnish...and pictures never do it justice i find... Here are some fuzzy pics of mine. :)

7. The pic that the website i bought it from took.