Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just purchased a Yorkville Bassmaster XM200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basshead1268, Oct 7, 2003.

1. I just wanted to say that I purchased a Yorkville Bassmaster XM200 and it sounds great!! Anyone who owns the same amp let me know what you think of it.

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I've played the XM200 a few times in a store and live twice when using another groupd gear and have to say it sounded pretty great to me. Plenty loud for a 200 watt amp. Right now I am saving my pennies for its' bigger brother, the new XS400.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I tried out the XS400 combo with an 8 ohm XC410 cabinet last weekend...not bad, not bad at all!

4. chickbird

chickbird

Apr 14, 2003
    Missouri
    I have the xm200T w/15" extension.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That is a wicked set up, but I'm down on 15s these days, I tried the 200T with an XC210...I was really surprised (pleasantly so) by the tone and by the volume as well...as said above, it sounds louder than the rating.

6. I own one, and I plan to buy a 2x10 extension cab, too. It's simply one of the best values on the market (best price to quality ratio). I compare Yorkville amps to Peavey's: They're cheap and built like a tank. Only the Yorks sound way better! :D

:bag:

7. bill7122

bill7122

Feb 23, 2003
    Albany NY area
    I have 2 XM200s. Leave one at our practice facility and one at home. When I have a larger room I bring both and slave them together, with one cube on either side of the drummer.

I purchased them after checking out a couple of different combos, and for the $$$ the Yorkville was hands down the best.

I'm looking at a 4ohm 2x10 cab to run off one of the XM200s, which really is enough for most club gigs. We run all of our instruments through the PA anyway, and the direct out on the XM200.

8. Lue

Lue

Sep 30, 2003
    Has any one tried out the xs400 combo yet, I have and I would like to hear what you think of it?

9. I haven't used the combo, but I did buy a xs400 head, and a xc 410 cab this week. A 400 watt head with a tube preamp, and all the options, with a 410 cab, only 1385 canadian with gst. Thats nice :) These things get some sweet tones too, its a wicked amp, for a very low price, and also a 2 year, even if you break it, unlimited warranty. I am very happy with my new setup.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I was going to buy one myself, but I found a used BM100 at another store for $150 and couldn't pass up such a sweet deal...but yeah, if the BM100 hadn't shown up, I would have bought the XM200 next week.

11. dimplebutt

dimplebutt

Oct 13, 2003
    LA

hye how much was it for the Head, and Cab seperately.. i'm actually really interested in that head with an avatar 4x10 and a 1x15. thanks:bassist:
    oh and has anyone tried out the bm400h model?

12. Just the head was 645 canadian. Thats probably around 450 american, it is a great head! Cab was about the same as the head, about 695 with gst, so around 645 also. I think avatar's are a little less expensive, but don't quote me on that, they don't ship to canada so I never bothered checking them out.

13. I purchased an xm200 a couple of months ago and I'm very happy with it.All the features I needed .I tried out a number of othe combos and this is by far the best performance to price ratio out there.The Peavy TNT series sounded like crap and I found the quality of build was suspect(unusual for a Peavey).The Hartke 1400? I tried out sounded pretty good but the quality again was suspect. It didn't have a tuner out or an ext. out.What blew me away is that it didn't even have a direct line out!?:rolleyes: .The Behringer I tried out was a complete joke. I paid 599.00cdn. for it and not only does it cut it in most situations but it looks pretty cool as well.:D

14. rod99

rod99

Mar 28, 2012
    Love this Amp. I have had it for about 3 years now, works great as a monitor on stage, works great as a practice amp.

Bill, this is a great idea. how do you do it.
    I have 2 XM200s. Leave one at our practice facility and one at home. When I have a larger room I bring both and slave them together, with one cube on either side of the drummer.