1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just put Flatwounds on my SX

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tony-bobs, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Tony-bobs

Tony-bobs

Aug 19, 2008
    Spearfish, SD
    I ordered a set of flatwounds off of webstrings and just got them on my new SX spj-62. i've been playing for about couple of weeks on the stock strings, and let me tell ya', i nearly s%!t myself after plugging it in. :hyper:The stock strings were some little light guage roundwounds, so the larger flatwounds sounded massive and very punchy in comparison. I'm not sure I'll ever want to play roundwounds again after tonight. I also threw a set of La Bella's on my Brice 6er tonight and was equally blown away. They made the thing sound like the beast it is, and somehow got rid of a buzzing i had on my G string(ha ha ya i know). i tried to do a comparison, but the two basses are completly different beasts, so idk what was the strings and what was the bass. As i percieved it, the La Bella's were more mellow right away, and the webstrings seemed to have more pop, but like i said could be the bass could be the strings. either way i love em and strings may be the only mod i end up doing on that sx after what i've heard tonight...:bassist:

2. ChorusPedal88

ChorusPedal88

Aug 25, 2007
    Nice going!, I put a set of Jazz 77's on mine, and oh my, shes a beaut.

Definately a brand to consider if you're on a tight budget.

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Well done. I swear by D'Addario guitar strings, but those strings that come on the SX basses are terrible. A good set of strings made the difference on all three of my Essexes, and I have the big thick flats on my P and love it more than just about anything.