Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just ran into $100. help me out

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by retitled, Jan 3, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    alright, i just ran into $100 whoop whoop, ok i want to get my self an effects pedal, or maybe a multi effects pedal, i dont know how thos emulti effects things are, but i want a chorus, distortion, delay, reverd, opver drive. lol i know i cant get all these with $100 so i want a multi effects, but i know it would be MUCH better to get each one of these as single pedals but its not always i run into alot of cash, so help me out here :)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You can get a used Digitech BP200 for that and it has what you want, so you can experiment with all the effects. Buying all those individually would run you quite a bit of money.

3. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    if you go with the digitech, make sure you spend time tweaking the settings, as the presets usually arent very good, but the potential is there.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Or donate it to your hardworking moderator ;)

Your best bet is individual pedals IMO, I believe multi FX are generally a waste of time. YMMV.

5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Yes, some multi-effect units do suck rather hard, but not all. I've been using a Boss VF-1 for quite some time now, and I wouldn't trade it for a bucket full of pedals. :bassist:

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, first I would like an explanation of how you actually run INTO $100. You may want to think of which you will really use. I would say the distortion would be first on that list. Danelectro's Daddy-O overdrive is a good one for this, as it's 3 band EQ make it quite useful. Though made for guitar, I find it works well with a bass. There are some going on ebay for about 25 bucks. Arion makes a chorus pedal for bass that is 20 dollars, which may be worth a go. I find I never used this effect when i had it. It seemed that whenever the band started playing, it got lost in the mix. But you may have a use for it. For reverb, Danelectro also makes some mini units, which I have had wonderful luck with. The DJ-4 Corned Beef Reverb is cheap, but some say it sounds like more of a simple delay. Then others like it. I might pick one up myself. Those are good single pedal options, IMO.

7. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Isn't the Daddy-O the pedal Larry Graham has been swearing by for a few years now?

8. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    ill look into those thanks :)

oh and i got teh $100 for the holidays.. i used to baby sit this kid for a pretty wealthy family and they gave me $100 as a gift. better then a gift cetificate :p