1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just re-Upped Supporting Membership

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by EdwardofHuncote, Dec 27, 2016.

1. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    I think I'm running into either year three or four on TalkBass now... and I wasn't sure whether to stay at it another year or not.

But after thinking it over - I like this place. ;)

The occasional troll threads that hit 250 posts are easily avoided, and the Mods do a pretty good job of nipping the really annoying stuff in the bud.

The Classifieds are a great way to kill time, while keeping revenue spread amongst other bass gear hounds like myself, and -knock on wood- so far, I've had nothing but positive experiences with this community market.

I've even made a few friends here... a big stretch for someone that loathes various other social media outlets.

I've only ever received 1 warning from the Mods... for cross-posting an ad. I swear dudes, I didn't know any better... but there it is, a stain on my otherwise spotless record here. Oh well. :bag:

My favorite 'watched threads' are clubs for players of Alembic, Rick Turner, and Tobias equipment. I very seldom comment anymore on the Mesa Walkabout thread, but read it often. I've even joined a club for Mediocre Bassists, that's been running since 2008.

I like having an outlet to express my admiration for bass heroes like John McVie, John Illsley, and John Klingberg. Come to think of it, never noticed before how many Johns are/were awesome bassists... hmm.

And I LOVE being able to change my avatar whenever I darn-tootin' feel like it! Matter of fact, I'm going to change it today, in honor of Barbara Eden, my Jeannie-for-Life, and my Mom's stand-in babysitter from 1973-present. :smug:

So here's to another year on TalkBass! :hyper:

See you folks in the threads... meantime, Bass On! :bassist:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    I need to re-up mine, love this forum

EdwardofHuncote likes this.
  3. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Thanks for the kind words. I'll see if we can get that cross-dressing thing or whatever eliminated... ;)

PsyDocHill and EdwardofHuncote like this.
  4. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    :roflmao:

47th Street likes this.
  5. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Welcome back on board.

I think you've spent your money wisely... :thumbsup:

EdwardofHuncote likes this.
  6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Good show. I'm about to hit the ten-year mark; still reading, learning, and enjoying.

47th Street and EdwardofHuncote like this.