Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just read it

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 27, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    what effects work with bass.i dont mean buying a guitare peadle and its sounds cool on a bass.i know delays work gret because it getts alll the sound not just the lows.like a guitare wah wount work on a bass .like would a a flanger sound good on a bass beacuse i never saw a bass flanger would a like what "guitare effects" sound just as good with bass .what i trying to ask is what guitare effect there ment for guiatre but work prfect for bass like delay and stuff.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    The one thing you can always count on in one of benjamintowle's posts: Poor spelling, poor grammar and poor punctuation. Hey, it's nice to be able to depend on SOMETHING.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey thats like 3 things.like. :D

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Ah yes, someone DID notice that.

6. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    by the way that post was not from me it was from a friend of mine i only posted 3 post so far the ones that no one can read are his.my frind does not have email or the net so he comes to my house to post stuff.
    what my friend wanted to ask was this ,
    what effects work with bass,he knows like wahs dont unless its a bass wah,what he was trying to ask was what effects work just as good with bass,like delays and flangers,and thing that like samplers the sound he knows works just as good with bass.
    this is what he told me to ask so peeps would be able to understand it .but i think most wount be able to understand it cause i not srue how to ask this ? to you guys

7. Ahhhh, young grasshopper, you never fail to amaze me.

Try an exercise:

1: DO NOT POST USING THE LINE-OF-THOUGHT TECHNIQUE.

Most writers cannot master it, and it ends up looking like crap and being completely unintelligible.

2: PUNCTUATE.

This is a must. It's use requires the lesser used keys on the keyboard, such as the "." "," and ":" keys. An addition to this rule requires the usage of the "Shift" key. It allows one to capitalize the first letter of a word, say the first word in a sentence, or proper nouns, like names.

3: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ALLOW FRIENDS TO POST UNDER YOUR NAME.

Also falling under this category are claims of deafness, girlfriends coming over, or anything else that even looks like an excuse for incredibly bad typing and communication skills.

4: MOST IMPORTANTLY, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OF THIS FORUM.

This will allow you to find answers to many questions, including the one I *think* you asked above. It will also allow you to avoid confusing the rest of the board with sometimes cryptic and meandering posts.

I only offer this exercise in hopes that it will save further grief on everyone's (including yours) part. This board is an incredible tool to further the skills and dreams of bass players the world over. It is important that you type properly and use correct grammar and punctuation, not only to get your point across, but also because other members here might learn something if they can read your posts.

Sincerely,

FF

8. Yea Ben,
    I hate it when my buddies come over to my house and log into TalkBass and use my computer.
    That kind of stuff just drives me wild.
    And when they use the same spelling errors, it's like a personal insult to me.
    Oh well, What are friends for?
    Keep em' coming Ben, "You make my day".

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

benjamin - First it was your brother tried to replace the keyboard with some kind of custom job, then it was your girl friend came over and you were in a rush, now it's your "friend."

You use punctuation, and you ask good, solid questions about gear in all of your posts. So, why not take the time to re-read your posts before submitting them and ask yourself if that is how people sound when they communicate?

If there is some kind of underlying problem or you just don't do well with written communication, maybe you could just mention it up front and spare yourself some of this grief. I think most of us will accept that...hell, you're a bassist! You're fine by me.

10. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok i measn it it was really one of my friend and yah my bro did replace the key board it was wireless one and it keep on messing up i know i suck at spelling a all most never post any thing on talk bass i just saying that for the most part it was my friend that been posting alot of these.only thing i have ask about in the past year under this sn was about the boss dd-5 and the trem stuff.so sorry .

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well, just mention you have a hard time communicating in written form when you post and people will accept that and deal with what you're asking. No need to be sorry. Maybe music is your real gift for communicating.

I'm terrible with math compared to a lot of people. So, I admit it up front whenever some kind of calculation is called for and that lets people know up front my figures may be off. They take that into account and cut me some slack.

As I mentioned, your questions are good, once we sort them out.

12. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    yah liek i GOOD AT BASS BAD AT WRITTING GREAT AT MATH SO LEAVE ME ALONE I MEAN IT.most of the post were my friend so sorry about him.

13. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Calm down, don't yell, it's ok. Just work on the use of periods (.), commas (,), and sentences ("Hi, I have a question. Could you give me the specs of a Warwick Thumb?"), and you'll be fine.

Tell your "friend" to do the same. :D

14. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    yah sorry.about me and my friend.so what effect peadle can ber use with bass just as good as guitare

15. what's the deal, you just want any old effect to clutter up your signal? you don't care what effect it is as long as works well with bass? that's silly. what kind of sound do you want? figure that out and then ask what to use to achieve that sound.

16. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Get a distortion pedal. It will make you irresistible to women, make your guitarist cower with fear, sync you up prefectly with your drummer, bring world peace and happiness and make Talkbass members worship you.

Or maybe it won't

or in ben speek

yah like distortion peadle ber use bass good guitare bad.

17. Ya know, I'm debating whether I should move this thread elsewhere since its going off topic, or whether i should just close it. This is starting to make my head heart. Benjamin and his "friend's" posts are starting to get me nautious.

18. Hey can someone help me, I wan't a bass amp I don't care what kind or how many watts and long as it's for a bass and not a GUITARE.

19. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    no no like i just want a list of effects that will work great on bass so i cab try them out and if i like then when i egt money bye them .i dont mean effects thats are made for bass like delays there not but not just made for guitare.like the mxr flanger its maded for like key board guitare and bass .like it can pck up all the sounds like i want to knwo guiatres effect that will effect the bass singale like all the sounds and wount take out the bottom end.ths sucks i know what i want to ask but not srue how'

20. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Truer words were never written.