Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just received.....

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 1, 2003.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I woke up yesterday morning to find a nice envelope waiting for me at te front door and oh dear lord what did I find not 1 but 3 Steve Lawson cd's and what pretty little things they are all neatly packaged (Took me a good couple of minutes to get this wrapping off grrr) so far i've only had chance to listen to not dancing for chicken but it is amazing. Any one who thinks they are content just d/ling the mp3's from Steves site need to buy the real thing theres such a difference. Best thing I've bought all year and last year hell best thing I've bought !!!

This music has real emotion you come away thinking you've really experianced something, inspirational in away. I can't say which is my fav track because I'd only be lying if I said one was better than the others.

I will tell you my thoughts on the other cd's when I get chance to listen to them

Oh BTW Steve just bought the new bass guitar magazine and was wondering if you and Geddy Lee were separated at birth :D

Thanks for the great cd's

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Really glad you're enjoying the CDs!! Thanks for that....

as for the Geddy Lee thing - I'd love to get a photo taken with him at some point, as it even scares me in some of the photos that I've seen of him! The one that was on the cover of Bass Player last January was too much for me... :eek:

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Ok heres my thoughts on "Conversations" I didn't realise how relevent the title was where the bass finishes the piano begins they really do seem to be talking to each other. I have to admit I don't like this as much as as I like "Not dancing for chicken" just cos its a bit to relaxed and spacey for my liking but it is still a fantastic album all the tracks are brilliant, makes me want to go out and find a piano player (but then I remember I have no real musical talent :D )

Oh everybody has to buy these cd's if not for the music then just for the funny messages that are surrounding the cd in the copyright warning. Nice touch Steve.

Steve just wondering if you've ever heard of George Winston if you haven't try and get hold of a song called "Moon" once you hear it you'll be begging Jez to play it. Once again I have to thank you for making these wonderful Cd's it has really has given me a new direction with my playing.

Thanks

P.s is there any way I can by lessons learnt by an aged feline and maybe a signed pic or something.

4. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    Man I noticed the Geddy Lee thing too. I didn't know much about him and when I did a search for his music on the internet I was like "Woah, it's a picture of Steve Lawson!"

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    You know, some mornings I wake up and just for a moment think I'm in Rush... :D Then realise that he's actually 25 years older than me (or there abouts)...!!!

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk