Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just saw Bass Day 98 with Vic Wooten...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Holy smokes!! I wasn't a Wooten fan until now. That cat does some things with the bass that I'd always imagined were possible but had never seen anyone do. His hands are so fast! Snap.

I have listened to some solo bassist before but that sorta stuff never interested me much because a lot of it just seemed like guys showing off. But Wooten's stuff just seems to ooze funk and feeling. It doesn't seem like he is on stage to show off. You get the feeling he be playing the same stuff even in some dump of a club with only a handful of people watching - like he just wants to play regardless of who cares or who recognises him. His tone is pretty hot too.

Well, I guess I'm converted. I just felt that I had to share this special moment with my family here at talkbass :D

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I have that. When he does the looper voice box thing, my mouth drops to the floor everytime.

3. I'm happy for you that you were able to discover Vic's amazing talent! Bass Day 98 is one of my favorite movies (especially the Victor Wooten: Bass Day 98 one).

Plot wasn't very exciting, though. Can't complain, though. ;)

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Wooten's da man. He has quite the perspective outlook on music, if you can find any lesson vids of him definitely snatch 'em up. This guy is amazing. :cool:

5. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    I saw a clip of the all-star jam on basslobster.com. Very amazing stuff.