Just saw Children of Bodom...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fatbassjazzer, Oct 22, 2004.

1. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Wow. That was one of the best shows I have ever seen. They played with Fear Factory and Lamb of God. I didn't see much of Lamb of God and Fear Factory was alright but C.O.B. stole the show. The crowd went absolutley nuts when they played Needled 24 7. If they come by your town you should definitly check them out.
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Hmmm.... they are playing here pretty soon. Perhaps I should go see them. I dig Fear Factory, yo.
  3. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Definitly man. Fear Factory has a pretty good drummer who as a big set as well. Children of Bodom really blew everybody else out of the water. I highly recommend it.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Awesome line up. I'm jealous.
  5. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I saw COB with Iced Earth and Evergrey. I wanted to go see them on the 29th here, but I'm not to partial to Fear Factory and Lamb of God ( I haven't really given them a chance though) But I thought I would just go see Megadeth instead. :)

Alexi is deffinitly a killer guitarist, and COB is just amazing.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm seein that same show (FF, LoG, CoB and Throwdown) here on Thursday. Should be entertaining.
  7. walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    I saw them at graspop in Belgium this summer, these guys kicked ass probably the best band at graspop, the energy is incredible
  8. I've seen them with Iced Earth and company, as well as the previous tour with Dimmu Borgir. Needless to say, I'm planning to see them again this November. Definitely one of the best live bands ever, in terms of sheer energy. The crowds are always crazy about Bodom and you leave their shows feeling really really good. Fun to watch solos and fun to mosh.
  9. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I know man. I'm surprised that COB is getting really popular these days. I'm sort of happy, but I hope that they don't change their sound in any way.
  10. I'd say their music has changed, but not in a bad way. They seem to have gone from fast and hard on Something Wild and Hatebreeder to more melodic on Follow the Reaper, and finally to some heavy stuff on the last album. There's definitely a progression, but it's all pretty positive. I think they definitely have what it takes to become a big metal band along the lines of Cradle of Filth. And hopefully they maintain everything that makes them rock today!
  11. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    The only thing that makes me think they're going to become more "mainsteam", is in Alexi's voice style change, because he became more clear and understanding on the last album (It could be that he can pronounce english better). But he did sound more like the earlier albums when I saw him at the concert, so I hope nothing changes.

Also their choice to call themselves COB "Hate Crew" kind of gets me wondering. I do love all of their albums, and also believe they are becoming more melodic. I just hope nothing changes.
  12. Throwdown is quite sweet live.

Although the draw the violent sXe crowd. Not too into that, but the music was sweet.