Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just saw ozzy w/ wife and daughter on rodeo dr

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by groovking, Apr 6, 2002.

1. not me,.... but my daughter just called from california, all excited,..shes on leave from the navy, and she said she just saw ozzy ozborne with his wife and daughter on rodeo drive. she said they were so regular and that they all talked for a while and my daughter ended up saying bye after about 10 - 15 minutes because she felt it so odd to be with such a big rock star and his family and they werent even trying to get away! i guess hes a real down to earth guy. .....she told him i play bass......how cool, maybe ill get a call to fill in. HAHA,......i dont think so. she did get autographs and stuff. ........so now my new claim to fame is im the guy whos daughter hung out with ozzy ozborne for 15 minutes,.........and to boot a dear friend of mine works for a major recording studio on the east coast of usa,........she ended up talking with jack bruce for a while a week or two ago on the phone doing normal business, she said hes also very laid back ,.tending to the animals on his farm while his wife was away........so we told her shes famous because she put her hometown back on the map!.....because shes....ta da .......the girl who spoke with jack bruce............believe it or not even though im an auto dealer, this is all true shiyt!!

2. haiku

haiku

Apr 6, 2002
    A post without breaks
    Is not easy on the eyes.
    Ditto with the dots.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Just as a footnote to the discussion on Ozzy and his family...last Tuesday's MTV show about the Osbourne family had the most viewers of any MTV show EVER in the history of the music channel, plus it was one of the most watched shows on all of TV that night!!! I wonder what this says about the appeal of Ozzy and his family.

I take it to mean that the OzzFest will be well attended this year even if Rage Against the Machine has dropped out (because Chris Cornell has quit the band.)

4. >i have seen his show.<> it is a howl! <>
    ................sorry to others for my terrible internet accent i didnt know i was that bad. i just hate being so critical on a forum. no offense taken but please allow me to type a bit errantly occasionally, i dont find it so difficult to understand......i never correct someone or myself unless its absolutely illegible. so please feel comfortable to make a few mistakes.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    C'mon, groov! Have you ever watched The Osbourne Family? They definitely are NOT "regular." They're psycho space monsters from Uranus. Really.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

No, they are from Youranus.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, yours.

PLPLPLPLPLPLPLPL.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    1) The Osbournes is one of the best shows on MTV i've ever seen. and the only tv show i'd watch that isn't on Speed Channel, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, or the news.

2) Chris Cornell left the new Rage Against the Machine?!?! what what what what what?

10. mungi, i agree they are disfunctional. i couldnt believe my daughter said they were totally normal and nice?? ....maybe she was comparing them to me and her mom!....which would definitly make them totally normal

11. Dude. You're totally spying on my channel surfing!

Comedy Central - 40%
    Speed Channel - 30%
    Cartoon Network - 20%
    Osbournes on MTV 0.5%
    All other channels - 9.5% (Croc hunter...Blimme!)

12. in reference to my daughter seeing the osbornes on rodeo drive......im now in pa, at my daughters home . and my daughter who is in the navy is straight as a pin,..she just gave me 2 pics of ozzys wife sharon and daughter kelly, arm in arm with my gal and her boyfriend, i got a real howlout of them!, she said how nice they were, i did ask about them being normal, she said they seemed very normal.......to my surprise. but she was overwelmed,..... when i get home ill scan the pics and post them.i know you all know what they look like, but i think you guys will get a kick out of the pics anyhow.but to my surprise and disapointment.....no ozzy. im not a metalhead,.....just 45 and grew up to sabath etc. ill post soon......regards all....... groove