1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just saw Sabbath

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Godheads_Lament, Aug 14, 2007.

1. As title suggests, just saw sabbath/heaven & hell in brisbane. Absolutely killed it. Geezer was great as usual and Dio, well he sounded pretty good for an old guy ;)

2. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    im going october 2nd. :hyper:

3. you're so lucky, dio is my idol, by the time im old enough to actually fly to go to his gigs he'll be dead ='(.

4. cant wait till november!!!

5. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    I saw them in Sydney last Saturday. Great show. Dio is great. And pretty bada** for a hobbit.

Just saw Bob Dylan last night. All class.

6. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    For you guys that have seen the Heaven and Hell shows-

Are they only playing Dio era Sabbath tunes or are they playing the older Classic Sabbath tunes as well?

Thanks

7. Just Dio era stuff. Bascially everything off the new dio years album they have out.

8. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    WOW, is this an up to date thread?
    I saw BS with Dio way back in the early 80's (i think) when Heaven and Hell first came out. Fantastic show.
    Never liked OO but love Dio so when he left i lost interest in BS.

Really need to keep up with the times i guess. didn't realise Dio was back in (and out and in again).

9. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Well that sucks for me.

I was hoping to see a Back Sabbath show.

Anyone need a pair of tickets for the Jones Beach show on Long Island on 9/8.

10. long live dio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. seein heaven and hel with queensryche and alice cooper in september. heaven and hell the second time in under a year.

12. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    My friend said that he was amazed at how good Sabbath was at their age. I wish I could go. Dio is a novelty for me, but I would definitely go. :)

13. Dude, it is a black Sabbath show. Songs like Falling off the edge of the world, neon knights and heaven & hell are as good if not better than stuff they did with Ozzy. Also Dio can seriously belt it out. IMO of course :)

14. Heaven and Hell is coming here in Nov (Oct?) which is in the middle of the biggest exams of my life so far.
    So naturally, I must let this VERY rare chance pass. :bawl:

15. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I've got no problem with Dio.

Sorry but to me No Wizard, Wicked World, NIB, Wasp, War Pigs, Hand of Doom, Fairies Wear Boot, Sweet Leaf, After Forever, Supernaut, Snowblind and no Iron man is no Sabbath.