Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just saw Sigur Ros

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by C-5KO, Sep 20, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    and they blew me away.

One of the best shows I've seen in a while. I knew nothing about them, or hadn't even heard any of their songs before. If you get a chance to check them out this tour, do so.

They remind me of an older Radiohead, mixed with harder shoegazer music.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I saw them in 1999, when they released Ágætis byrjun. They were awesome. I have listened to their new cd, Takk and it is superb. I haven't bought it yet but I will soon!

I recommend Ágætis byrjun. Their second album, and their best. () is good, but not as good. I haven't listened to their first cd, Von (well, I have heard it but it was a long time ago)
    Buy their cd's!

3. Bassmonk3y

Bassmonk3y

Sep 19, 2005
    Tacoma, Wa
    Sigur Ros are some of the most amazing music makers out today, simply because no one does anything quite like them. Their sound is so powerful and evocative.

Have you ever heard of Explosions in the Sky? of that genre of music, they are my absolute number one favourites. listening to them makes me want to cry, laugh, strip off my clothes and vomit luminous green energy spheres. :hyper:

4. I love ( ), and really get what they're doing.

I bought Takk, and my grandma wanted to see what they sounded like since I always keep talking about them. Ever since sunday I never got as far as the 6th track. I finally gave it an honest listen through tonight.

Andvari made me cry. The second time I listened to it, I almost cried again. I would weep like a baby at their shows.

5. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Sigur Rós are beyond amazing. Simply wonderful music.

I've been dying to see them - hoping to catch the Takk tour somehow.

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    When I went to the show, a friend of mine fell asleep. I, on the other hand, couldn't keep my eyes off them. They were fantastic.

7. I saw them in 00, when they were supporting Radiohead on their "Markee" tour of the UK. Sigur Ros are like a wave of sound washing over you, it was cool! Jimmy page certainly never sounded that good when he used a violin bow!

8. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    To be honest, I actually fell asleep a couple of times, but ONLY because I was taking pain killers for my bad back. I had to fight it the entire time.

Their light show was amazing.

At the very beginning and end of the show there was a curtain of thin material in front of them. Lights would flash directly behind each musician one at a time, so there would only be their siloulette in the center of the curtain! Then the lights would go crazy, and it would seem like the entire band was on the curtain.

Close to the end of the show there was a projection coming from the back of the room of birds flying back and forth from a electric wire. But the projection was a negative - birds and wire were white, everything else black. The room was filled with smoke, so when the birds flew up and down, it looks like white lasers in the smoke. Really crazy.

9. Im seeing them on November! I cant wait, they must be mindblowing live!

10. I just saw them at the Portland, Or show and it was beautiful magic.
    -eric