Just saw Vital Information last night!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Rafterman, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Vital Information played at Catalina's Bar & Grill in Hollywood, CA.

It has got to be the best show that I have ever been to. There are no weak links in that band, lemme tell ya!

Baron Browne is an outstanding bass player! I must say that the whole band impressed me! Especially Frank Gambale, the guitar player...WOW!!! This guy really went off!...His chops are mind-boggling!

Those of you who know of Vital Information, you know exactly what I'm talking about...they are even better LIVE!

LA's jazz scene is number 1!!!
  2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    There is a live double C.D. of Vital Information with Barron on it that smokes! I saw the version of that band that had Jeff Andrews on bass a few years back.......be afraid....be very afraid....that band was frightning! Jeff Andrews is a badass!
    Aloha, Jerry
  3. I hear ya man! Jeff Andrews IS a badass! I really enjoyed the "Where We Come From" CD!

But there's something about Baron that makes him and the band's sound totally different.

But Frank Gambale...!!!!!!!:eek:!!!!!!!

He's my motivator right now...i'll be in the shed...see ya in a couple years!!!
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    A few months back I picked up the Frank Gambale
    double live from the Baked Potatoe that is killer! Ric Fabaricci <sp> is wonderful on it! Its a Frank unchained kinda album..........I lent it to one of the guitar players I play with.......and he aint giving it up:)
    Aloha, Jerry
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Tom Coster put out a 'solo' disc a few years back w/ Jeff Andrews(The Forbidden Zone...also, Alphonso Johnson). '90s Fusion at its *best*. ;)

How 'bout Andrews on Mike Stern's "Chromozone"(from Time In Place)?