1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just saw will lee at wes montgomery tribute

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jazzbasser535, Mar 27, 2006.

1. jazzbasser535

jazzbasser535

Feb 25, 2006
    I just saw Will Lee live at a tribute to Wes Montgomery. The guitarists were all great, but Will was amazing. He played walking bass (he got a very upright-like tone on his Sadowsky), grooved some, slapped a little bit, and even sang on one song! It was great.

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Will Is the man.

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    He played at the Detroit Jazz fest a two years ago and really kicked some serious grove.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    On the Bird tribute album Will did with his dad, he had a nice dark tone for the walking bass lines.

5. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    I had the pleasure of seeing Will last summer when I was vacationing in Manhattan. He performed with his Beatles cover band, The Fab Faux. Seriously, if you ever are in New York and have the opportunity to see them, do it. Their show was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. He's an amazing bassist, guitarist, and, believe it or not, singer. All of the members of his band are professionals, such as Conan O'Brien's Jimmy Vivino on guitar, but he was the one I paid attention to the whole time. Great, great bassist. Nice guy, too.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Will is one of the most well rounded players in the industry! The Fab Faux really shows his great talent for singing!

7. My number one fav player.