Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just scored 6 mic stands...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nataku, Aug 18, 2005.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    me and my bro were in toys'r'us, looking for cheap gamecube games, when i noticed they had a green tag/clearance sale on karaoke mic stands. the price tag says $1.50 and im thinking, this has gotta be a misprint, so i take it up the the cashier. he rings it up and it turns out to be ONLY 80 FREAKIN CENTS! i run home and test it out for a while, then go back and buy the rest of em. in total i scored 6 brand new mic stands for a total of $4.81. me and toys'r'us = bff now. <3

2. Wow, you'd never expect a deal like that at Toys R Us. Heck I didn't even know they had mic stands!

3. Hmmm, are you sure they're sturdy stands? Wait, that's a silly question, since you stated that you bought one to try it out at home for a while.

They're not boom mic stands, though, right? Those are great, although they're more in the $20-25 range (still a great price, though).

4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    theyre pretty sturdy, and come up over my head. i was expecting a short little plastic thing, and it turned out to be pretty decent. ive never heard of the brand though, the singing company. then again, i dont really know anything about mic stand brands.

now i just have to learn to sing... :help:

5. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    the toys'r'us near me has had a mini music department for a year or so now. they mostly have first act (crappy) mini guitar and bass stuff, with a few mini keyboards, and some really horrible drum kits. its always fun to mess around with stuff at the store cause nothing is ever able to get in tune and would sound horrible anyways. but i guess the whole cheap music thing didnt go over so well so everything was on clearance. im guessing the first act bass they had there would be around $50-$80 with the sale, but its probably not worth even that.

6. Get a bunch of talented musicians in there and jam... That'd rock, but ultimately be a waste of time. :)

7. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    the most ive done is horrible, horrible karaoke with my bro and his friend one the crappy mics/radio things they have set up. we did a rendition of "if i could turn back time" by cher. ~cringes~

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Are you going to hit up all the other Toys R Us stores near you to see if you can get some more? :D

-Mike

9. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    i would, but there are no other ones even remotely close to me. you guys should be on the lookout though...