Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just scored a Deep Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I just scored a Deep Impact courtesy of a fellow talk bass member. :bassist:

It is very FUNKY. This pedal will come in very handy in my new hip hop/funk band.

I'm just now starting to edit the presets. One thing i noticed for most of the effects is they initially don't have enough bottom. i've been turning the balance all the way up to where it blends in a lot of the natural bass tone behind the effect which gives the effect enough bottom.

anybody have any comments for me concerning the pedal?

2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I just scored one to :) !!!!!!!

I'll probably get mine tomorrow

Congrats to us :) !!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to try it out and make strange sounds.

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    What are you guys paying for these?

Ted

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    One just went on ebay.co.uk for about £170.

5. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    congratulations.it is a good gadget.when I use it, i keep the balance level at minimum,and I mix the effected signal (from deep impact) with dod fx25's dub bass sound(range all the way up,sensitivity all the way down).
    I use boss ls2 in doing that.for most of the patches I keep the dub bass sound in higher level.some pacthes i do otherway around.
    good luck

6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    About 130 usd used - so I'm very happy :)

7. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i got mine for 260 (great condition).

i saw three go on ebay this week for 220, 240, and 310. The one that went for 310 was never taken out of the box.

8. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI

where did you get yours?

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I junked all the presets. To me, it sounds like they were set up by the Japanese design engineers, not by bassists....(same as Korg effects).

Secondly, notice your first two settings, "Note On" & "Note Off" are universal settings. They govern every parameter you tweak and really affect how the pedal reacts to all those settings.

I've had mine for about 2 years and I still tweak it. If you have a good 15" speaker, the bass can sound quite huge!

10. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Funk away brother ;)

11. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I bought mine through a local paper, here in Denmark, that sells all kinds of used stuff. Pretty much like Ebay - just without the auction and bidding thing goin' on. The guy, I was buying it from, didn't seem to now what was selling. So yes I know - a pretty good deal :)

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Do you have any particularly good patches, or general parameter tweaking tips, for us? I have spent some time trying to tweak my presets, but to date, I haven't had a ton of luck with coming up with something much better than the factory presets.

Thanks, Tom.