1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just scored a Lakland 55-02 on the 'Bay!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ElBajista, Apr 29, 2006.

1. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Today has been an eventful day! I travelled to Lakeland, Florida (ironic, hm?) to meet up with Harold (TB: Lonotes) who bought my Glaub, and I just won this beauty on Ebay!

I was hoping for a Maple neck, but this was too good to pass up. Anyone want to swap necks? :D

I plan on installing a traditional Lakland 55-02/55-94 pickguard on this bass, but I'm not sure exactly which to choose. I'm thinking either Tort, Black, or Black Pearl. Any suggestions?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Congratulations, as you know, 55-02s are great basses.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw that one :) As for the pickguard, i think tort would look weird. Id go with black.

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    hm...I think you might be right about the tort. I think that Black pearl would look pretty cool.

Anyone know if a 55-94 pickguard fits onto a 55-02?

I'm normally a maple neck kinda guy for both tonal and cosmetic reasons, but I'll have to try out the RW neck on here first. It would be cool to find someone with a Maple 55-02 neck that would be willing to swap necks.

5. Beware of people from Lakeland :p Congrats on the Lakland.