Just scored an Aguilar DB359!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Mar 20, 2003.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I called up Long & McQuade in Toronto asking about Aguilar cabs, and they mentioned that they had a couple of slightly used Aguilar heads in stock. I wasn't looking for a head(I just picked up a DB680), but it turns out they only wanted $900 for it(US)! These things list at $3795 now, so I grabbed it! It has some scratches on the top and sides, but the face plate is perfect.

I used to own one, and ended up trading it when I needed more volume. Boy did I regret that! It is by far the best sounding head I have ever played through. I am playing mostly Jazz now, with the occasional Funk gig, and this head is absolutely perfect! It sits great in the mix, is warm and articulate. When EQ'ed right, it has more than enough volume. I am happy:D
  2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    That's excellent Adrian. You already know how sweet the tone is, but i'm sure with that deal you just got, it's even sweeter! :cool:
  3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    NO KIDDING? 9 large? That's a pretty sweet deal!

I was real impressed at the tone of the used one that I tested out through an old SWR Big Bertha. And they insisted that the lowest they would go was $1500.

I'll bet that it sounds great for jazz gigs. Congrats!

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Well $900 rougly converted from Canadian to US. It was a really good deal. The head had been sitting there for months, so they dropped the price to clear it. I am really loving it! It is such a sweet sounding unit. Really complements my basses.
  5. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    WOW!!:eek: Nice score! I've had mine for about 3 months or so and I absolutely love it. Got mine off bassgear.com practically new for $1175 and I thought I got a good deal:meh: Enjoy... I know you will :)