Just scored my first 6-er...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by junglebike, Mar 7, 2004.

1. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    We'll see if she's too much bass for me...

I think I got a pretty damned good price, too.
  2. If it plays as good as it looks,you got yourself a nice bass.

3. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That bass looks like a great way to find out if you and a sixer can get along; not too wide neck, nice enough to love, but not so expensive as to be a costly mistake.

Welcome to the 6 string club :bassist:
  4. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, I'm stoked...

and it's got REAL EMGs!!!

Rawk!!! :bassist:

I love EMGs, and they're pricey. If they're anything like the last set I installed, it'll make the bass considerably better than stock.
  5. how about a follow up? I want to know what it's like! Looks like a great bass.
  6. That's a great deal. Those Soundgear 6-strings play really nice. My main bass for many years was a Soundgear 6-string. Congrats.

- Dave
  7. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    Congrats I had that same bass before> I three a Hipshot type B bridge on it and it made a heck of a difference. Enjoy!!! :hyper:
  8. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I barely have any business playing a four, much less a five, and would be wanted DOA in at least nine states if I ever even thought of picking up sixer. Cudos to having the courage to take on a six string. Nice looking bass.
  9. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Welcome to the world of six,never go back. :D ;) -Luke
  10. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Looks like you got a really good deal.
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Dang, nice grab. I've been keeping my eye out for inexpensive 6-stringers- it's too bad I missed that one. ;)

Although, I am fond of nice and w i d e string spacing. You'll have to let me know if those Soundgears are cramped for space.
  12. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    How can you go wrong at that price?
  13. I've played an SR 406 for a while with the stock pickups and integrated 3 band preamp. Very comfortable, and sounds nice. My son plays it now and he enjoys it a lot.
  14. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Sweet bass, but my only nitpick is the headstock. You have the fat 6-string neck and you still get the tiny head!

Nice find, you Ebayer. :p
  15. very, very beautifull, congrats
  16. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I play an Ibanez SR-506 with an Aguilar OBP-3.

The Ibanez necks play great, and the action is wonderful. The major issue everyone has is the electronics, but it looks like you have half of it taken care of with the EMG's already installed. Also, the B string isn't as tight as many other basses, but for $300, you can't do much nicer than you just did.

Good buy, I say.