1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just sent payment for a set of Nordstrand NJ4SE's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Trevorus, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    So, who among you uses these, and how do they sound on full passive with finger style in a Fender?

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I have a set of these. In fact, the bass with these in is my favourite bass and gets way more use than any of the others. I like the sound of them so much with the J-Retro pre that I rarely use it passive, but even so I'm pretty confident that you'll like what you get. :)

3. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I've got a set that I really like, too, but I'm using it with an Audere. Haven't tried them passive, but I'm sure they're great.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I notice a ton of people pair these with an Audere... Maybe I ought to consider it if passive doesn't quite give me what I want.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, awesome tone passive. Power and clarity like I haven't heard before. Wonderful stuff!