1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just snaged an El toro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Just put on layaway a G&l El Toro at musicgoround.com for $599.Why dosent anybody ever seem to shop there?Ive bought a bolt on warick buzzard for $800 and A 90s ibanez atk 300 for $125.Its one of the best online guitar shops.

Its an Ashbody with a blue stain and maple fretboard.Anybody have a pic of an el toro like this or is it a possible refin?

2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    G&L made lots of transparent blue over ash basses in the 80's and 90's, it's probably the stock finish.

3. Dubadays

Dubadays

Apr 4, 2009
    I tried musicgoround.com once, and I just felt like it was really hard to find anything, which I figure is the reason in most cases.

4. Did you get it up in Louisville? There was one there a couple of weeks ago.

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I didn't know you could buy from the site. Sweet!

6. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Yep it was the louisville shop.You didnt get a chance to play did you?the guy at the shop said it was in good shape and everything was fine on it.

7. No, but I wish I had. They moved into a new location recently and it was coming in the door as I was leaving, along with a load of other guitars and basses from the old store. I was going to check it out my next time in. It looked really nice, make sure and let us know how it is when you get it.