Just so you all know...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wendy's (the fast food joint) chili is made of the burger meat that wasn't good enough to be your hamburger. The burgers that were burnt to hell or a day or two old. Also, at wendy's they believe in the 7 second burger. I myself can make a nice QUALITY burger for them in 12 seconds... but they want 7 seconds. So if you go to Wendys and find your burger poorly constructed and/or mustard all over your wrapper... don't blame the burger maker... it's Dave Thomas' dream. :rolleyes:
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Wendy's, bah! If you're going to clog your arteries with fast food, at least do it with decent-tasting stuff like Burger King or Popeye's.
  3. I think you've reinforced my "no fast food" diet.

As if those smelly reminders from Greeley, CO we get here in Denver and Boulder aren't enough...
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

:bawl: we need a Popeye's in Madison.
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm...ok, no chili, but I'll stick with my Wendy's Double-stacks.
    Or Checkers!! The best fast food burger available!
    And on another note, does anybody know why the meat at Krystal's is always gray? That doesn't seem too safe.

Rock! :bassist:
  6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I was watching a thing on tv in Japan a couple years ago about the busiest MacDonald's in Japan. At that particular MacDonald's (in Odaiba for those who care) they had the national champion burger maker working the "grille". He made something like 12 burgers in one minute. And they were all perfect.
  7. I hardly ever eat any fast food. I just don't like it. Then when you read about all the fat it has in it, I like it even less. Now this only adds fuel to the fire. I do however love chicken salad. Please don't tell me a story about this; I don't think I could take it. :bawl:

8. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Because it's steamed... any steamed meat turns kinda pale...

becareful. you're messing with what could be natures most perfect food

looks like I need to take a road trip east about 7 hours and hit a Krystal....

small... steamed... definately diffrent.
  9. The only fast food (if you can call it that) worth eating is Steak 'N Shake.
  10. You wanna clog your arteries? How about Arby's?

The best burger joint I've ever been was to an A&W drive-in. One of the last in the country and pretty decent food for the price.
  11. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm glad I don't eat that stuff.
  12. bah, I say!

if it tastes good, what do you care how it's made?

:) :spit:
  13. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Anybody ever ate at a Culver's?

mmm... butter burgers
  14. wendy's has the best fries, so i'll put up with quick burgers.
  15. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    there spicey chicken sandwhich is Great!!
    There burgers are good...

..Burger king is good? 5 burger kings here have been shut down for finding stuff in the meat and drinking machines.
    Wendys always stays open. My friends mom found cockroaches in an Ice cube at Burgerking.. halfway frozen with parts of there bodys sticking out.
  16. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm a pescatarian...so I don't eat fast food, however I do occasionally enjoy an In & out grilled cheese animal style
  18. About 2.5 years ago I worked at a Wendys. The meat in your chilli, like you said is old hamburgers. After it gets old and dried out, you stick it in a pan in a heated drawer, and then when it gets full you empty it into a bag and through it in the freezer. Then a couple days later it is taken out (frozen) put in water and put onto the stove. When it is cooked (unfrozen) it is drained and then chopped up and added to the chilli mix. Long journey to be chilli meat. Working there wasnt too bad, most of the people were my friends and we made it fun. Most of the other food is alright though, except sometime for salads, which even though they are supposed to be made fresh daily, some are reused until the lettuce is brown.

19. Jim's description is pretty much what I imagined was really the case after Matt's truncated version. But, given all that, I still don't have a problem with how that's handled. From a culinary point of view, the meat certainly isn't going to have as much flavor and it's texture is definitely going to be a bit "broken down" but if it is handled correctly, it can and should be used for chili. It lowers cost, saves food, and the public buys it. Face it folks, Wendy's isn't the Four Seasons - they don't want to be and we shouldn't expect them to be. It's a lousy $1 cup of chili that costs $.15 to make and it goes pretty good with a classic bacon cheeseburger.

And don't think about calling me naive about fast food prep. I was managing my own store at 19 and, at one time, was preparing for a career in food service. Rather, ask me about being a line cook in a B-B-Q joint and I'll give you horror stories that would make the maggots look up from their meal :eek:
  20. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Popeye's is awesome. But personally I like a grease and fat cocktail interveniously put into my viens via an IV.

To much work to actually chew it AND taste it.