Just sold my '79 ibanez roadster to GC.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The BurgerMeister, Apr 26, 2017.

1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    This was a bass I thought I'd never sell, but as I've grown older I've realized things about myself and my basses. Which realizations led me to sell the bass I first learned on and which I had since attached a sentimental value to.

But, truth be told, I hadn't picked that bass up in years. It was just sitting. I have a 68/74 jazz and a Yamaha BB425 that I play more. I even play my fretless Douglas 5 more.

Plus, we have just been in a big downsizing mode lately. I had 5 basses, now I have three. One went to a new student. She was super excited about it. The other is this '79 roadster. I hope someone picks it up and feels what I felt when I first grabbed it 25 years ago. The magic! :bassist:

2. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    which guitar center?

MarkoYYZ likes this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I see no Roadsters listed, only Roadstars:

upload_2017-4-26_21-10-37.png

4. Was it a 2x2 headstock? how much did you get? I really want a 2x2 headstock one.

5. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    San Bernardino, CA.
    probably not up on the site yet.
    Got what I expected (50-60%) and they're selling it for what expected they would. I didn't have the desire to ship this bass (no case, etc.), so I sold it to GC instead. Sometimes, you just gotta.

6. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    It's an RS900TV. 4 in line headstock, musicman-ish single pickup. Single coil. Active. Heavy. Probably 14 lbs or so.

Sweet bass, just too unused lately for me to keep around.