Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just SOLD my Spector and already I miss it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Bah. now I'm having sellers remorse. I didn't think it would happen with this one, but it did. mint red dye ns4crfm. i just set it up for the buyer and now it plays better than ever. bah!
    then I put some gold knobs (with abalone inlay) on just for kicks and it looked great! bah!
    dang it......at least I'm already payed........

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Get Another :)

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Man, Spectors sound great, but I don't know how can anybody feel comfortable playing them strapped, having such a short upper horn and 24 frets... the first position feels a mile away. . . (same goes for Warwicks).

Oh well, they are one of the most-played bass designs in the world...I might just have below-average short arms . . . :(

Just think really hard and repeatedly why you sold it in the first place, and the remorse will go away, eventually.

4. Exactly what happened when i traded in mine, the sales dude plugged it into my GK and just did a quick run and i was just like "Oh sh..."

Maybe someday i'll go get a fiver.

5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    And therein is the lesson for today..... ;)

Never sell a Spector! :eek: :D :bassist:

6. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Seen the "Thumb bass ergonomics advice" thread? New strap can remedy things somewhat. :bassist:

7. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    that's got to suck.............hey i can help..............i'll sell you one of mine..........pm me if interested.

8. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    what can you do? It's not like I'll actually miss it, cause I never played it that much. It did sound good though, but what a looker. oh well. bass life goes on.

9. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i see............i thought it was your main bass.....
    i love mine..........take care

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It was an awesome bass but i think you have a FEW others you can enjoy in its absence. ;)

11. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I know, it's just a little sad to see one of the kids leave the nest. :(

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sure it is but hopefully it is going to a loving home.

13. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    buy my q4 hahaha

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, I just looked at your profile and realized that I really don't feel sorry for you getting rid of one. ;) You have plenty more in your stable.

15. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    umm.....yeah....an embaressment of riches (and bills!) to say the least. at least I built most of them. the red spector was nice though. nice flame maple with trans red finish front and back, not a burst. then, I just figure out that dang spector bridge, after I sold it....and ......ooooompha (I do live in NY!) fuggedaboudit...oh well

16. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    If you ever want to rid yourself of that cumbersome NS4CR, I may just have to take it off your hands! :p