1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just some new photos of my current family. Cleaned and Pretty

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ibanezcollector, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Well cleaned up the new to me Ibanez SR406 and restrung both basses, so I figured it was time for a photo oppurtunity.

Nothing special but it gets the job done on a very tight budget. VERY TIGHT. :crying:

The new ibanez I had to level and polish the frets, clean fretboard, adjust trussrods etc, nothing unexpected on a new bass, but had to be done. I love doing setup work.. I know some dont but its fun to me, I also built a ramp for it as well.

Gear:
    Ibanez SR406 strung with D'Addarios
    OLP MM3 strung up with DR Lo-Riders
    Line6 Bass PodXT Live
    Crown XLS202 Power Amp
    Custom Cabinets by me, loaded with speakers from my Warwick cab

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Very cool. I'm running a Line6 Bass POD xt Live into a Crown power amp, too - how do you like that arrangement? Sometimes I get annoyed with all the wires and just wish I had a head, but then I remember the built-in tuner and volume pedal and wah and think how annoying it would be to have all those separated...

Nice ramp on the Ibby. I used to have a 5-string EDC-705 - they are *great* basses for the $. I'm playing at MTD Artist mostly now, but I'd love to get another Ibanez at some point.

What kind of cabs are those?

- Dave

3. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Dave,

I also hate the wire scenario, but for me goofing around at home, I cant ask for more with the tonal variety I can get. if I ever gigged out I would def want a head.

The ramp is made out of a piece of ash I stole from work LOL, really helps having more places to put my thumb :)

The cabs are custom made by a friend and I, I had a Warwick 411Pro and was not happy with the low end so being a amatuer speaker builder I decided to take matters into my own hands and design a set of cabs that would give me the low end I wanted. I could not be happier with the design, still got to get some grills made up, but im in no hurry. I get plenty of high end with out the tweeter which was harsh to my ears to begin with and the bottom cab produces a thunderous low end with out getting boomy, the top cab is very good punchy midrange and compliments the bottom cab perfectly. I love these cabs, but there heavy. LOL. And since they were the prototype design I never put handles or anything on them.. Some day I will build the real ones and load em up with handles, corners, and grills.

4. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    I'm liking the Ibanez and the OLP 5er.

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I hear ya on the heavy cabs... I used to run an Ampeg SVT Classic 410HLF for the low-end and a Phil Jones 8T for the highs (185 pounds all together) - yuck! Now I use a Schroeder 21012 at a very comfortable 55~ pounds, and it's actually louder and punchier than my old rig, too!

As far as the OLP, how do you like it? I've never played one, but I hear they have great bang for buck.

- Dave

6. a MM with a highway-long ramp..interesting.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Not only cool, but also smart and sophisticated! :cool:

The ports and the ramp are great. The killer for looks are the grey
    baffles--and with the Pod, it really looks ultra modern. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

8. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanks Jim,

when we were deciding on carpet I had the PodXT in mind and wanted it to be clean looking yet different then other cabs.

We have a guy who does CNC work who is going to cut some grills for me but I got to wait till I have the cash and he has the time.

9. Very nice family....Enjoy!!!

10. Hi there,

You've got two excellent workhorses in those basses, plus a very, very neat and tidy set-up. I also think you did a great job on the aesthetics of the cab, too. Thanks for sharing.:)

Beebebop,
    Beijing.

11. that's an awesome setup and bass tandem man. I'd love to have something similar one day. you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to have something really neat, you've proved it :). you inspire my poor self :p

12. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanks for the kind words guys..

Yeah I wish my budget would allow some of the cool singlecuts I drool over but its not going to happen, I just have to realize that.

So sometimes you got to make do with what ya got and im happy and blessed to have the things I do, although I have given up alot just to afford this stuff..

Again thanks for the kind words..

Brett

13. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That's the best attitude. Nice job on the custom cabs. Any chance you could mic your setup and record a bit?

14. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I have no way of micing up my cabs but I have some vids on youtube. But that doesnt let ya know how the cabs sound..

Where in cleveland are ya im in North Olmsted.

15. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Oh cool, Fairview Park here lol. Right down the road. :)

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021