Just thought I'd share....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by xxxBassJunkiexx, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Last night was my bands first "real" gig! Woo! We'd played at our school once, but we got an offer from a local band to open for them. Our drummer has had connections with them and such, but you know... it always helps :D
    Anyways, I wasn't really scared or anything. We've been together since January, and practiced atleast twice a week since then. The last day of school we passed out flyers to anyone who'd take one, resulting in there being a full house. Ok, so it was a bowling ally/bar... but still, I'd say there was 120+ people there. Many of them I remebered handing a flyer, too!
    The crowd loved us. During one song, Josh (our guitarist) introduced us, and, being the only girl, I must say they were a bit fond of me. :rolleyes:
    We went through our line up (mostly cover songs, but a few that we had written), I sang my little bit, danced around a lot, and then it was over. As we left the stage, the screams and cheers were deafening.. my ears still hurt!
    Ok, that's it... sorry of it was a bit long, I just thought I'd share :)
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I love it when that happens. Way to go, uh, girl?
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Sweet deal. My banmd isn't quite at the handign out flyers stage yet. :D Good to hear everything went smoothly. Very encouraging.

Rock on,
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    congrats miss. nothing like the rush of houndreds of voices screaming and cheering for you is it?? Its enough to make a grown man cry :)
  5. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i was about to comfortingly grasp your hand until i read that last bit :p :D

way to go, xxxBOTTOMLOVERxxx. relish moments like those, and remember to embellish them wildly when relating them to strangers in the street. or is that just me? no-one will sit next to me on the bus anymore :( ;)
  6. No neither will I... :eek:

Good to hear on the gig... I love that atmosphere!