1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just Thought I'd Throw This Out There

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twdavis13, Mar 31, 2009.

1. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    I know everyone thought it was a hype hoax lst time, but it's official!!

Gene Simmons is coming out with Punishers, Axes, Amps, GUITARS(Because, YES, He CAN play Guitar) No Official Release Info.

"Working on a New GUITAR deal -- that will bring you a full, musical line - GENE SIMMONS AXE BASSES and guitars and GENE SIMMONS PUNISHERS and guitars...amps, mics, straps...the works."

1/4 way down, under March 30th
    http://genesimmons.com/

Just dont turn this into another Gene Bashing Thread, I'd Like to See This Thread Last At Least 2 Days.

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I'm still waitin to see one, to play one, and to see an actual price tag. I would definitely entertain owning one, all things being right with the thing. I am a huge KISS fan and Gene was one of the main influences in my playing bass. (laugh if you want to, and I know about the Ghost Player thread..)

Still I like the looks of the punisher and who can't use another cool looking P variant? Definitely a unique bass.

3. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    :hyper::meh:
    i know, i'd love to try/own one too. and i love gene too, i think he's awesome no matter what people say, hes not as arrogant as people woud like to think, they'd have to watch his reality show to know that. and he WAS the reason I started playing bass. oh, and ignore the ghost player thread, gene played on every album up until lick it up.:bassist::bassist:

4. catty

catty

Mar 25, 2006
    Montana
    Excellent...and hopefully they will be sold at Walmart and Target.

5. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    bump

are you being sarcastic or serious??

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Like I said, if the bass feels good to my hands and feels well built, I can dig it. As much as I like Gene and the band (I was a member of the KISS Army in '77) if the bass does not feel or sound good, there is no reason to buy one. I did play an old punisher way back when they were being made, but remember little about it, but I know I liked that one....

Alright, I don't care who you are, that right there was funny!:hyper:

7. Oh, fer joy, fer joy...First Act quality, genuine Chinese (sic) craftsmanship, Gene Simmons price tag...:rollno:

8. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    bump