Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just traded my Ibanez BTB for a Warwick rockbass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hater-ade, Sep 23, 2003.

1. hater-ade

hater-ade

Feb 11, 2003
    ...And wow am i happy! what a difference! I owned an ibanez BTB405QM and i just got a Warwick rockbass corvette basic 5 and i cant put it down. I love the tone of the German made warwicks and this thing comes very close to it. In the store i played a German made warwick vette and the rockbass back and fourth and at first, the tone was quite different, decent, but not really impressive. Then the guy at the store told me that the rockbasses come with warwicks red label strings, which arent too great apparently. Needless to say, i purchased the bass and a set of black label warwick strings and presto, awesome tone! The B string is actually a lot floppier feeling than my ibanez (shorter scale, no string tapering) but yet it sounds much more focused and growly. The finish on the bass is flawless as is the fretwork, no buzzing whatsoever with low action. Its a lot lighter than my ibanez which is nice too.

Well that was my pointless thread! I'm just so happy with this thing i had to say a few words about it, i suggest you try one if want a warwick tone but can't afford it.

-Kyle