1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just tried an Avatar 410. Love is in the air.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davidjbass, Sep 5, 2008.

1. After reading all of the threads about how much people love thier Avatars I had a chance tonight to try a used 410 at a local store. All I can say is WOW. I was very dubious about these cabs because of their low price but man they kick butt.

I used my Lakland 55 94 and Spector NS5 XL along with my Mark Bass Little Mark II through the 410. It was loud, clear and could handle my B string with now problem. I just can't get over it.

The cab itself was in mint condition. So needless to say I bought it for the nice low price of $299.99.

Here is another example of how great this site works. If it wasn't for all the chat about these cabs I would have never considered owning one.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Glad you like it. Did you get the 4 ohm or the 8 ohm?

3. congratulations!

join the avatar owners club! :D

4. It is an 8 ohm. I prefer that because the gig situations I have sometimes require one cab and sometimes 2. I plan on buying another one in the next couple of weeks. Is there any difference between the 4 ohm and the 8 ohm besides the ohms i.e. does the 4 ohm sound better?

Who mods the avatar club?

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I had the 410 and also I currently have the 212.

I thought I liked the 410 until I played the 212.

They both sound great, but the 212 handles the 80-800 Hz range much better than the 410 cabs. The 410 was louder, but the 212 sounds better to me.

Get a 212 and see for yourself :)

6. Thanks for the advice. I have a chance to buy a used 212 for cheap money. I think I will check it out.

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I would :)

8. Avatar is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Is it true that they are raising eminence cabinet prices by 50% starting next year though?

9. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I've had my Neo 410 for almost 2 years,and haven't looked at any other cabinets since. I got the 8 ohm version,and with the Thunderfunk head,is plenty loud for 99% of the gigs out there. I gave up boutique cabinets for Avatars,and haven't regreted it for a second.

10. That is a great thing to know.Thanks.

11. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    No difference between the two impedances. It should really be fantastic with a 2x12.

12. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Guess I got a bad one last year. The 410 had a buzz that try as I might, could not isolate. Went through the whole list with Dave and finally ended up sending it back. I was fully bummed out b/c the price and weight were right on.

I'm gonna have to try another in the very near future.

13. That's too bad. Did you get your money back? What kind of buzz was it?

14. justincest

justincest

May 1, 2008
    Wouldn't a 410 on top of a 212 be bad ass? I've been thinking about it.

15. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Dave was supercool about the whole thing! Couldn't isolate it with crossover out of the circuit, new crossover, tightening screws.... The sound engineer for the band at the time thought it sounded like it was straining on the low notes. I was hearing it first and let the guitar player hear it and he agreed. The SE pointed it out without me even metioning it at all.

So all that to say that I'm not sure and never got back with Dave to see if he figured it out.

16. J-wall

J-wall

Sep 7, 2006
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    I own those and use them together powered by my Carvin B800, and yes, your adjective is quite accurate in the most gut-wrenching of ways in every positive sense of the word. Go for it!

The only thing that I think would make it better would be a B1500!