1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just tried Aurora strings for the first time..

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gsak, Sep 19, 2008.

1. gsak

gsak

Sep 19, 2008
    I'm impressed, and would buy them again. They're stainless steel, sound a little brighter than nickel, and are also color-coated. In the past I've used Fender, GHS and DR; so far, these are my favorites.

www.stringsbyaurora.com

2. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I just tried Aurora strings for the first time and they look like shiny nickel to me (they're surely not stainless). They sound pretty darned good to me, too! The coating isn't as slippery as the Elixir strings. I got the clear coating, as I'm not into the colored thing much--maybe I'd use the black ones. I like the way they feel. So far, so good. I'll let you know how they last, if you're interested.

3. gsak

gsak

Sep 19, 2008
    Since then I've really only played off-and-on, with a two month break. I'm changing them out with some Rotosound Funkmaster 30-90's as soon as they arrive. You still got the Auroras on?