Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just tried some PJB stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J. from Samsara, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Man I tried some of Phil Jones' stuff. I don't know the model numbers but I used a Mexican Jazz bass into a 24x5" with a 8x5" on it, and the amp nearly blinded me when I turned it, it has a bunch of neon blue lights on it. I'll tell you what, it was the most unbelievable thing I have ever tried. I had it at a reasonably low volume and it was shaking the store. So as normal I turned it up more and added more bass and with a thump on the E my heart skipped a beat. Watching 32 speakers jump at the same time about three feet in front of me is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. They also had a 6x5" combo that I didn't try, but it looked really cool and very small. The speakon speaker cord for the combo was huge! It was almost 3/4" around and only about 14 inches long. if anyone sees one of these rigs around definitly try it. None of the stuff had prices and I didn't even want to ask. Go check them out! :hyper: