1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just tried the new GK MB2 it was awesome

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davidjbass, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I just tried the new GK MB2 at G.C. And man it was incredible.
    I have been a long time GK lover and this thing just won my heart. Check it out on the GK website.

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I just got one and I'm really shocked at how loud it is. IMO you've got to roll off some lows and turn up the High Mids, Treble and Boost to get anywhere near the 'GK sound' but it really slams!

3. cabrego

cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    I used mine with my goliath senior and I had to turn down the low quite a bit. My svt 4 pro will be going on ebay this weekend. If anyone is interested let me know.

4. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    It is the only light weight amp out there that interests me, I may have to go check one out myself.......
    Just what I need, more gear:eek:

5. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    With the low end and headroom this thing has I'll bet it would be a monster with a Berg AE410. :eek:

6. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    I A/B the MB2 with my Shuttle 6.0 thro a Neox 212T last night at a loud practice. I couldn't dial out the boomy low end, and it just didn't cut through the mix like the Shuttle always does. I was kinda disappointed as this is surely a fine amp, and sounds good on its own. This was the acid test for me, cos it's something the Shuttle is particularly good at.