Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just visited the Hanewinckel shop..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willsellout, Aug 20, 2003.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    So I called him up, seems he lives like right down the street from me. Works from his home, one man show. His basses are amazing and I have to say he has the best feeling neck out there...better than lakland and any other bass I've tried..Such a cool guy..talked to me for about an hour and showed me everything from the wood to the electronics, semi-finalized the bass I am looking for and talked about different payment plans. His basses are amazing and he is a super nice guy..he even offered to let me come and check out when he works on my bass and help out! I am psyched..I would advise anyone out there looking for a custom bass, to check him out. I have made the decision that he is building my 5'er...it won't get done for probably 6 or 8 months because i am paying in installments..but I will be sure to keep you guys updated.

Dan

2. I KNOW there are at least a couple Hanewinckel owners here...

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    .....and we are all very very happy campers :D

Geshel has two, I have one, I think Portrait of Tracy has one and Dave Grossman has all the others that have ever been sold.

Okay, maybe only half of all the others that have ever been sold. ;)

Peace,

James

4. What were the different basses that you tried?

Geoff

5. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    hehe Geoff!! still searching you're next fretless 6?? :D

those "Hanies" sure look cool!

Peace, JP

6. Indeed. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but I am still keeping my eyes open. Maybe I'll break down and pick up a couple.

Geoff

7. And why wouldn't you be?;) Y'all have beautiful basses.

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Very nice to have a local guy building your bass.

I stopped by Artinger earlier this week, and I may be going to Ken Smith's next week if I can swing it. I may end up doing business with both!

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Cool! Yup I've got two and I love 'em. I'd have a third right now if I could figure out what I wanted! (bolt-on fretted, or neck-through fretless?) :D

I've never met him in person but talking to him on the phone and email I agree - really nice guy, very helpful in designing my basses. And they're beautiful instruments.

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    P.S. Carl (boogiebass) has two. Bunnybass.com has two, and I think Bass Alone still has a 7 in stock.

11. debassed one

debassed one Guest

Jul 30, 2003
    san fran.,calif.
    Where is hand-? shop located, Calif or seattle? Is there a web site or phone number? sounds interesting?

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  13. debassed one

debassed one Guest

Jul 30, 2003
    san fran.,calif.
    Thanks!!! eye candy and I'm sure ear candy too. will check out more fully. Looks like another way to stretch the pocketbook boundaries for the sake of art!!!

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    True enough. I actually have three, in fact--two sevens and a fretless sixer. And Pete has just begun work on my fourth, a Signature 7 with piezos and semi-hollow body...

Great basses and Pete is the salt of the earth, a really excellent fellow. :cool:

15. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    I believe I saw your bass when I was there and I must say that it looks very very killer. He was saying that you got all the bells and whistles on that one:)

Dan

16. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup, it's pretty much the top of the line. I'm envious that you got to see it! :D I haven't seen much yet except a few early pics. But I know Pete's work and his description of the way this one is shaping up is VERY encouraging. ;)

17. Care to share the pics? :D

Geoff

18. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sure, as soon as Pete sends me the new pics that actually show the progress, I'll post 'em. :cool: