Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just want to clarify, is the diagram listed in Bart site correct?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dooft11, Jun 27, 2005.

1. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    dear all, I just completed my electronics upgrade and replan for my oh sixer. i am using the Bart soap bar which allows me to do the series-single-parallel switching option, at first i follow the diagram provide in http://www.bartolini.net/1_wirngs/4cnd_sw1.htm
    however, based on other info from TB forum and my little knowledge on electronics i am question the wiring method provide by Bart. and i do my own version (tb version) and it works fine, so i would like to invite you all to give the bart diagram a look,... and see is there any problem there... ( look for the series-single-parallel, on-on-on switch diagram please)

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I used these Bart wiring diagrams and have had no problem. Easy to verify in knowing how the terminals switch and knowing what it takes to hard wire the pup as such then comparing the two.

I think some switches may work differently though. I'm not into switching so it's something I only do out of necessity.

3. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    yes. i think all the other diagrams are correct jsut i wonder the one for the above stated connection.. which is a bite weire to me.. may be i should crop it out in Photoshop and do a comparsion diagram for all of us who interested

4. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

see if there will be problem in parallel mode? each coil ground themselves

i think the black and the green may have to swapped

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

FWIW:

actually, I've got a hard copy of that sheet that came with pups and in comparing the two, mine has the green and black in that diagram switched.

6. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    oh my God, the copy i have was the html version shown in Bart web site. Maybe i should tell them about that
    the Diagram will be correct if the green and black are switched.. thanks man

7. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

yeh, actually right off the bat a green and white is not going to make for a single coil but a black and white will.

They was a great job of extracting that diagram and doing the highlighting. What could be clearer than the actual diagram outlined functionally in color code.

Lyle Caldwell would be impressed I think.

8. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    thanks, thats why i enjoy TB, you always find the answer and friends..cheers