Just want to say hello

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tplyons, Oct 8, 2003.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself as your new moderator. I'll be helping out Freaky Fender with keeping you effect-junkies in line.

For all you guys who don't know me, my name is Tim, I've played electric bass for almost three years now and am just starting on upright, not to mention ten years of alto sax, two of tenor, and a few months of soprano and baritone saxophones. I build, tweak and love my effects, currently using a relatively simple setup because of the bills:

Ernie Ball Stingray -> USA Reissue Big Muff Pi -> Morley Pro Series II Bass Wah -> Morley Pro Series Volume -> Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III

If you guys need anything, I'm here for you guys, I expect a full inbox of complaints and even more praise! :bassist:
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    May i ask how you got to being a moderator after only joinign TB in April (Im a newbie too but im here all the time (notice the post count) but i dont see how i could be a mod after being here for such a short time so how can u?
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As a newbie, I am still, in fact, a very active, supporting member, and drop by more than a few times a day, put in my input and learn much. Freaky asked me to help moderate, and I accepted the position as co-moderator.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Simple enough.

Greetings new moderator.
  5. Also, he has some history moderating other internet forums I lurk in.
  6. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Ahhhh....the ole boys network in effect at Talkbass!!! :D Just foolin'. Congrats on your new moderator status. These guys'll keep ya busy! ;)
  7. Tim, you'll be a great Mod!

I really enjoyed reading "Fender Report" it was great. I'm looking forward to more! Have fun!

8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats Tim!:cool: Now keep these pedal wieldan boy's and girls in-line:D :