1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just watched MuteMath in concert on palladia

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Rooster009, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I usually don't listen to them. Not really my kind of music being 41 years old and all. There bass player was awesome. He had sweet tone for the entire show. I had to look them up on the net. His name is Roy Mitchell-Cárdenas. Has anyone else on TB actually listened to this guy rip it up?

2. I got to see them live at the 2009 Austin City Limits Music Festival. He locks in great with their drummer, Darren King, and keeps in a tight groove without overplaying.

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah i saw them live once, great show and great bass playing. he tears it up on their records too, go buy them!

4. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I was blown away by his tone. Just awesome all the tones he was coaxing from that fretless p bass. His lines really flowed well. Nothing out of place the entire show.

5. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    They're a great band and no, you're not to old to listen to them. I'm 55 and digg'm

6. He's easily my favorite bassist on the planet at the moment. I'm sure that may change in a few weeks (it tends to), but he's an absolute monster.

7. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Ohhhh man. I frickin LOVE these guys. Just watched the Armistice Live DVD for the first time this weekend. Blew my mind. Inspired...