Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just watching PBS and.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigJH, Jul 26, 2001.

1. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I saw this group on Austin City Limits called Widespread Panic. They are pretty good. I was just flipping through channels getting ready to go to sleep. Then I see this big guy with a seven string bass playing it with a pick. Man they had a great guitarist. Which really blows me away because usually guitars don't do anything for me. I just thought that you guys should hear about these guys. You know for a public station P.B.S. plays some intersting stuff.

2. Buy a CD...
    They are great man...glad to hear that someone around here enjoys a little panic:)

Peace
    Graham

3. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I thought Dave Schools played a six string modulus. I agree that Widespread Panic is pretty good, but I just haven't been able to get into their stuff. Their songs seem to drag on a little bit. I like Phish better.

4. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    yeah, Widespread Panic and Phish are pretty good....but DMB has them beat

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    "Austin City Limits" is usually appointment TV for me, and the quality of the musicians is always very high. I think the best episodes I've seen were the Eric Johnson, SRV and Phish shows.

Too bad PBS isn't doing "Sessions at W. 54th" anymore. Another great live music show.