Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just went out and bought an eden CXC - 410C3 amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, Jun 6, 2001.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    any opinions of this amp? i would like to know any good or bad points. i got it new for $824.00, was this the "steal" they claimed? please let me know. thanks

erik

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, the 410C4 lists at $1598, and I think the C3 was $100 less at $1498. In that case, you got it for about 55% of list, which I would classify as a fabulous deal. They probably have discontinued the C3 model only because most people were buying the C4 anyway (my guess). No big deal. It's a bitchen rig. I played a 1510-C3 over in Vegas at GC, and was very impressed. Congratulations, man ... you scored!

3. Those amps are pretty cool IMHO. I recently picked up a CXC-212C3 at my local GC for $500 used and it was in like new condition. I use it as my practice amp at home and for when I sit in with people since it's easy to transport. I bought it because it was such a deal and the EQ section is the same as my WT-300 head which I love.

Familiar controls
    Enough power for most situations
    Extension speaker jack
    Built-in casters
    Bypassable compression
    Built in DI
    Effects loop

Dislike:
    The fan is constant speed and it can be loud at low volumes. I'd rather have it run only when needed.

Depsite the fact that it is completely solid state I can't hear a noticably difference between the CXC and my WT-300 but then again, speakers do affect tone.

Enjoy the new amp!