Just went to the music store.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eddievanbassman, Aug 27, 2009.

1. I went up to a local music store and I was playing a bunch of basses like usual.I was playing through a SVT 3 Pro and an 8x10 cab. I played a bunch of basses but none of them really impressed me like this Geddy Lee Jazz there had to be something wrong with it, it was like a dud.
    But why I even wrote this post was because this little mini Jay Turser p-bass copy I just wanted to play it because it was a small bass but it blew them all away I was in shock this cheap china made light ass little bass had some balls, great tone. Has anyone ever played one of these? I wish I could of bought it. It was pretty damn impressive. I thought it was going to be a joke

2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Hmmmm. :rollno:

I'll sit back and let the rest of you tear this one apart.

3. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    I had a J.Trrser.50's style P Kicked ass...great pickup light as hell
    Gave it to my step-son. Pretty darn good..

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I love my Geddy. Definitely was a dud.

5. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Geddy is screaming at you!!!:D

Attached Files:

6. I know dude there was definitely something wrong with it, I've played other geddys that sounded badass.

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Actually, I've never heard a bad thing about the Jay Turser 50's P's, everyone who's played one says they're damn nice, and fun to jam on.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021