Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just when my life COULD NOT get any worse...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Right when i walk into work today, my boss calls me upstairs...and he tells me that i've been charged with sexual harassment from a co-worker....i was floored....it turns out the person who did it was one of my friends...at least i thought they were...

she said that i was saying stuff to her and touching her...which was not true...its really my word againts hers...but she is caught in the lie....

she kept telling people how sweet i was and how muhc she liked me...then turns around and tells the boss that she has no feelings for me what so ever...

well now i have my word....and about the half the store that can vouch for me saying hat shes making this stuff up...

so i have to make a meeting with a union rep to straighten it all out...but basically for now i am suspended indefenitly(sp?)....at least i don't have to work during my spring break...:meh:

What I Think Happened:
    Everyone already knows that she liked me...but she has a boyfriend..my cousin said that this girl told her "your cousin is so nice, if i didn't have a boyfriend i would go out with him"...

well i think 1 of 2 things happened
    1) she likes me but didn't wanna leave her boyfriend so shed try and get me fired so she would have to worry about it...

2) she likes me and her boyfriend found out so she made up sum lie to him that i harassed her and to prove that she wasn't lying filed a complaint...

really...this has been the WORST month of my life...
    first i found out i need surgery on my eye

then that thing with my friend and his dad

now this....
    im sick of it all...
    i just wanna wake up one day and it all go away...

bp13

2. :(

Bad luck, dood. Hope it turns out all right for you in the end. just stick to your guns, and whatever you do, keep calm. There's nothing worse than a guy who'sgetting loud - it looks like they're denying it.

Anyway, good luck for the future.

3. :( hang in there, man. good luck.

4. Y'know as they say.. "S*** happens in three's"

:D:D

Merls

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ouch... well, we all go through rough times, no one will have an absolutely perfect life. Think of it as contrast, I personally believe everything in life comes back to contrast. The strongest whites in art are next to the strongest blacks, the loudest noises in music are next to complete silence and when you get through this and you have a really good day, hold it in contrast to this rough patch of life you are in now and you'll realize how good life is... when it isn't bad. :oops:

6. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thanks matt, thats a good way to look at it...

you're not that stupid after all...:D

bp13

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

occasionally.

8. Your only 17 and youve been charge with sexual harrasment? Where is it that you work? I mean... I dunno just weird.

9. Ok... first of all, if you haven't been "charged" by the police, then you've only been accused by a fellow worker... there's a difference. Secondly, if I were you, I'd march right back into the boss' office and tell him that you feel you are being treated unfairly and that you should not be placed in a position where you lose your earnings, merely because a co-worker has accused you of this. Is your union trying to back you on this?

10. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    seriously if theyre gonna suspend anyone so they can investigate they need to suspend both parties so they can get more unbiased opinions from the other co-workers. if your a union member youre paying them to fix this for you.

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    WOO hit it on the nose...cases like this are taken seriously, even though 9 x's out of 10 they are found not true...they still need to be investigated.

BP...I am sorry to hear that all this was layed at your feet. Keep your chin up, like you said, there are witnesses...hopefully the truth will come out and the wrong party will be fired on the spot. This type of accusation, if found true, will haunt you and follow you from job to job...if not true the individual who is accusing, will be terminated, as well as it being on that persons record from job to job...I have been harrassed at several of my jobs, but as long as there is no touching involed, I leave it alone, for cases like these are very hard to prove.

JMO.

:meh:

12. g'luck BP, that sucks. The truth will come forth eventually.

id do what stated about by going to your boss.
    she makes slanderous comments, you get suspended? **** that

13. Hard luck BP, we all believe you here and I'm sure things will turn out right in the end. However, I agree that you can't just be suspended without pay with no evidence like this. Get your Union rep and fight for this as well. Seek action against the girl if it comes to it for making up such devastating lies.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Most sexual harrasment charges are pure B.S.

You can't compliment a woman anymore without being sued and fired.

Or, like in your case, they just want you gone.

Stupid stupid...

good luck.

15. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    oy.

All I can say, is I hope you get justice, and anyone who tries to take it away should be getting kicked in the face by some nasty karma.

16. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    first off im 16...

and yeah the union is gonna back me in it....

...and my witnesses have already told me they will back me up and she has nothing against me...she was saying that i touched her...and i was the report that my boss filled out...and i did not sign it because of that...

bp13

17. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I've learned from personal experiences that the important thing to do is keep your cool and don't stoop to her level by just saying bad things.

18. Again, where is it that you work? Does she think your staring at her butt when she bends over to take the fries out? Im sorry its just ive never heard of a sexual harrasment charge put on someone under 21. Its usually old creepy guys in big firms and stuff.

19. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i work in a supermarket...she says i touched her boobs....

i have to call the union today

bp13

20. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    That's true. You should definitely complain about that. Don't let a lie get you fired. Sorry to hear about this, good luck with everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.