Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lewi_wilko, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Lewi_wilko

Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    hey i was just wondering if there are any specific pedals for slap bass?

Thanks

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    compressors and EQs help for taking advantage in the slap sound. i like flanger

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I've always liked slapping with my phase shifter on. Don't know why...

Graeme

4. I don't think there's anything specific, but there's certainly some that help.

Compressors help tame the sometimes unkempt dynamics of slapping.

EQ's are used to provide the mid scoop and perhaps boost or cut the overall levels in order to match with fingerstyle volume.

A good envelope filter comes in handy.

5. i don't know if anyone has tried this, but this pedal is supposed to be for that ultimate slap toneamt

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It probably scoops your tone a bunch. I wouldn't be opposed to try it out though!

7. Judging by the sample, that's exactly what it does... and IMO it scoops WAY too much! No definition in that tone at all.

8. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've always liked the sound of light autowah with slap, it sounds really good.

And a compressor, of course :D

The nice thing about slap is it gives you more high frequencies for your pedals to work with... Just about any effect is going to sound better (with the exception, perhaps, of distortion).

-Dash

9. i like a wah pedal, or an autowah as dash just said...