Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Aug 17, 2005.
My goodness, yes YES!
And I definately see some GK in the rack back there...
where did you get the photo is my question?!?! awsome
and are you sure abotu the guyatone wah rocker and the bass driver. sort of looks like a gt-2 to me. btu i coudl be wrong. and in that rack behind him, other than the GK i cant make anything mesa related.
Woops, the thread is supposed to say "REJOICE!" not "Unite."
Well anyways, I got it off of the GuitarGeek Forums. Some guy spotted all the pedals.
The lower head is an M-2000.
But WHERE THE HELL DID YOU TAKE THAT PHOTO?! O_O
I thought he had like 2 overdrives, a whammy, a phaser, a delay, a chours... STOP!
But it isn't so!!!
What's that tremolo?! Where does he use it?!
And the Meatball?!
The Wah Rocker?!
What is a Ring Stinger? A Wobulator? A Tone Bender? A Brown Source?!
I think I'm going mad... it's 4:47AM here, and I was going to sleep... but I think I'll never ever manage to sleep since you posted that pic... WHY DID YOU DO THAAAT?! BASTAAARD!!! :lol:
P.S. Yeah, it looks like the SansAmp is a GT-2, not a Bass Driver...
I agree with you man, this is madness.
ok. the photo was taken from adam jones's myspace. i went to his page, cause he is my buddy, and looked. also the picture there is turned the right way so you dont have to cock your head strange.
also i think the guy that spotted them might be a little off. i dont think thats a bass driver. i think its a gt-2 and i dont think thats a wah rocker i think its the bl-2 compressor. but thats me. also he missed the top lovetone pedal over the line 6. its purple too, what is it.
i have a photo of justins board prior to this photo and after the lateralis tour. during the tour i caught a glimpse of his board and it had a boss spectrum, whammy, boss chorus, flagner, delay, and some other pedals which im guessing were od's, fuzz's, and distortions...or whatever else. however the picture i have has an Ernie Ball volume pedal in place of the tube trem and no spectrum and a dod envelope filter before the guyatone. so the lovetones im guessing, and could very well be wrong...about all of this, was added for this album. having listned to some of the sounds though i dont really see a practical use. however, it is justin chancellor and it is tool.
oh and i think thats his mach 3 greenburst wal!
Could the bottom two units be Mesa?
Great Pic - love the footwear too!
The Wal looks a bit red to me, but whatever.
So what can we conclude from this photo?
Here's the real picture. If someone wants to edit it, go right ahead.
man that pic made me
I've read on the Sansamp site that he does in fact use their products, so the BDDI is quite probable. That said, he could also be using Tech 21 heads, not pictured here.
thats a very real possibilty. but the product on his board doesnt look like a bass driver. that doenst mean he doesnt use it though. that said, other than whats actually on the board, just because its on teh floor doesnt mean he actually uses it.
i think the purple lovetone is the "flanger with no name". also i think there were a few other mistakes.
i dont think that 10 is the ringstinger, but look up at the back for the pink coloured one - that looks like a ringstinger.
number 11 is too small to be a wobulator, i think its actually the lovetone brown source.
number 12 actually looks like the lovetone big cheese (just going by colour).
just above 11 there is a brown box sitting to the left of the lovetone meatball. its definately a lovetone, probably the doppelganger.
check this page to see all the lovetone pedals: http://www.lovetone.com/index2.html - click on pedals.
so anyway, i decided to do a cost estimate of his pedalboard using various sources and here is what i came up with:
1. colorsound tonebender:--- ~$250 US --- 2 for sale at http://www.wildguitars.com/fx.htm --- 2nd hand
2. guyatone bottom rocker:-- ~$68 US --- http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=yzsSFwAA1124335040&command=link--br2 -- new
3. boss dd-3:--------------- ~$85 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-DD-3-DIGIT...ryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- 2nd hand
4. boss bf-2:--------------- ~$70 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-BF-2-FLANG...ryZ41417QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- new
5. boss ce-5:--------------- ~$70 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-BOSS-...ryZ41413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- new
6. sansamp GT-2:----------- ~$170 US --- http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=yzsSFwAA1124335040&command=link--gt2 -- new
7. digitech bass whammy --- ~$350 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITECH-BASS-W...ryZ41411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- 2nd hand
8. guyatone VT-X tremelo -- ~$170 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/GUYATONE-FLIP-S...343830841QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- new
9. line 6 fm4 --------------- ~$200 US --- http://cgi.ebay.com/Line-6-Multi-Ef...ryZ41419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- new
10. lovetone ringstinger ---- ~$500 US ?--- http://cgi.ebay.com/Lovetone-Ring-S...ryZ41419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- 2nd hand
11. lovetone wobulator ----- ~$500 US ?--- http://cgi.ebay.com/Lovetone-Wobula...ryZ41420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem -- 2nd hand
12. lovetone brown source -- ~$400 US ?--- harmony central prices paid
13. lovetone meatball ------- ~$540 US --- dinosaural now makes them http://www.dinosaural.com/prices.asp -- new
14. lovetone flanger --------- ~$550 US --- harmony central price paid
total: ~$3923 US.. start saving
Oh my god.
Lovetone = assrape.
thats one way of putting it!
After you buy all that you have to figure out what settings he has on each effect...
Where did you get those photos?
didnt even notice the pink one. so its safe to assume all 7 lovetone pedals are present. i guess it was clearly marked in my post but a lot of things youve identified i also thought were the same ie big cheese, brown source etc. the others were speculation. also i had stated that the picture came from adam jones's myspace.
yeah it took my a while to write that post. you posted yours between the time i started and finished, but yes it looks like we came to the same conclusions.
regarding that pink pedal, its pretty hard to see.. it could be something else entirely! but it is the same colour as the ringstinger.
No no, lovetone are awesome.