1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Justin Chancellor Of Tools Bass Tone?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by x_Morning_Star_, Jul 28, 2012.

1. x_Morning_Star_

x_Morning_Star_

Jul 28, 2012
    I am desperate to get Justin Chancellors bass tone, i was wondering wether it is possible to get this without using a WAL Bass?

this guy has nailed the tone but he uses a WAL u can hear it particularly well at 1:07

I can't really afford one of them beauties! i've never really bothered with pedals, compressors, Eqs n stuff as ive never really needed to, so im pretty clueless with that sort of stuff and would appreciate anyones advice :)

2. Isn't there a sticky about this? Use the SEARCH feature. :)

3. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Pishaawww! Dont listen to him! NO ONE has ever asked this question here before! You are the first. And, you dont need to spend $5K to get a Wal tone...just get a First Act Nylon string acoustic guitar at Toys R Us.

Sorry, this question makes me...frisky :D Get a G&L L2000 Tribute for "in the ballpark". IMO, JC's Wal tone isnt all that special. Geddy or Mick Karn's is where its at.

4. Search the effects forum. There's a thread devoted to it I believe.