Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Justin Chancellor

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cyklone777, May 17, 2001.

1. What does everyone think of his playing on "Lateralus"? I think he's progressed a LOT since Aenima, there's so many good bass tracks on the cd, "Schism" being one of my faves. By the way does anybody know what gear he uses? I saw his bass on the cover of the new GW but I couldn't tell what kind.

2. Justin plays a variety of Wal basses http://members.nbci.com/walman01/wal/index.html
    (well 3 actually) including the one you saw on the cover. Have you seen this month's issue of bass player magazine? he's on the cover and the interview/article is very cool. They also have a diagram of his rig.

ANYWAY....La Te Ra LuS is so friggin awsome i could hardly contain my glee when i heard it.

Hope that helped to a degree...

-CHRiS

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, the article in BP was pretty cool. Justin is probably one of my favorite bass players. And the new cd is some of the best yet.

Ryan

4. I went on basscentral.com and checked out some Wal basses...they didn't really appeal to me but they are pretty interesting, with all the push/pull knobs, tonal possibilities, etc.

5. If you like Tool, you should check out an English band called Miocene. They are touted as Britain's answer to Tool, but having listened to both bands, Miocene are a little faster and emphasise the aggressive tendencies.

'9mm High and Rising' or 'Fits Like That' are good samplers.

6. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    He's perfect for the band, I'm going to try and get a hold of that article.