Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Justin Timberlake, haha

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by fastplant, Jun 19, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I need the tab to that song that's on the radio now. The one with "Gonna have you nekked by the end of this song" I don't even have a copy to learn it off of. My band wants to do something with it. Anyone?? Thanks!

2. www.mxtabs.net has it, but i'd suggest dropping your E a step down to D and playing it an octave lower.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Geez, enough popups on that site?? Thanks though!

4. :confused:

is that a different version of Rock your body they've tabbed?

the version I've heard goes-

G------------------------------------
    D-----------7-7-7-----------------2-2-2--
    A---------------------------------------
    E-3-3-5-----------0--0-0--0-0----------

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Turtle, I'll check that one out too. We're only doing it as a joke for a few measures, so if it's not perfect it won't be that big a deal, but I'll try it both ways, most likely yours is more correct!

6. Why are you doing it as a joke? Why not do the whole thing?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know if it's the same song, but the JT song I heard on the radio one time had the most groovin' bassline I think I've ever heard on the radio!

Gotta love studio musicians. :D

I hear Justin plays bass... but if that was him playing, he needs to give up that backsync N'boyz **** and start playing bass full time.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Wait a second... JT?!?!?!

Justin Timberlake
    John Turner...

hmmmmmm :meh:

9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's too cheesy to do the whole thing, although 90% of our setlist is cheesy, we're going to do actually about 1/2 of the song. We practiced it last night and it actually sounded pretty decent, so who knows. If people dig it, maybe we'll do more of it.

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oh and Mock Turtle, your tab was the right one.

11. ps.

here's the tab for Timberlake's vocal bassline-

bomp,bomp,bomp, (ba-da-da), bomp,bomp-bomp ba-bomp

:p

you could mix it up with Chic's "good times", and throw in some Michael Jackson too eg. "Livin' off the wall"/"don't stop":D

12. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Haha, nice. One tab site I found actually says:
    "Wait for Justin to make sounds with his mouth, then continue the bass line"

13. I've just downloaded Michael Jackson's "Rock with you"- my god- "Rock your body"'s practically the same song!- even down to the way he says "girrrrlll"!

must buy MJ's "Off the wall" album.

ps. remember "Cool breeze on the rocks" on De La Soul's 3 Feet high and rising album? :D