1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

juststrings.com bulk strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mlwarriner, Oct 5, 2010.

1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    anybody used 'em? i like being able to get a custom-sized set of strings for under $13 for the set (in bulk), and being able to get a high c string for my fiver instead of a low b.

MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I've used juststrings.com for a few years, exclusively.

+1

X8

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    their bulk/single strings? what'd you think of 'em?

4. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I used them a couple of times and was very impressed with the clarity and punch and less fret noise along with lasting longer. The biggest thing is they go right in tune and stay in tune! But I will say that I over tune my strings by a half octave and leave them sit for a few hours and then tune them to pitch and they sound like very expensive strings (to me) and great price too!

5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Reviving this since it's been 9 years, and I'm curious...

Has anyone tried the juststrings stainless bulk/single strings?

I don't play nickels, and I'm used to the longevity and tones that I get from DR Hi Beams and (more recently) D'Addario ProSteels.

MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  6. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    I've spent over $200 on strings from JustStrings.com in 2019. Rotosound, Ernie Ball, DR and Dunlop.

I'm one of those bassists who likes bright strings. Dunlop Super Bright Nickel and DR High Beams are my favorites.

7. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    I've bought Ernie Ball plain steel .09s and .10s for guitar in bulk from JustStrings.... but not bass strings. For under $1 each, they have worked out well.

8. I think @JEDI BASS resurrected this 9-yr-old thread to ask specifically about Juststrings' own brand of bulk strings. ;)

iiipopes and JEDI BASS like this.
  9. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    This seems like a genius stretching technique

jfh2112 likes this.
  10. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    I wasn't aware JustStrings had their own brand of bulk strings.

JustStrings is great in my experience. Only thing I don't like is the shipping charge. I'm used to free shipping with Amazon. JustStrings uses USPS and it's at least $5 to ship to where I live.

11. Bulk Bass Guitar Strings

JEDI BASS and ElectricBass72 like this.
  12. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes, thanks! I’m wanting input from people that have bought juststrings brand of stainless strings that are sold in bulk.

MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  13. MAXSPINRUN

MAXSPINRUN Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    I would like to know as well. I use Dunlop Super Bright SS MARCUS MILLER signature set. Like them but they are pricey. Always willing to try new strings, looking for the perfect string for me.

eriky4003 and JEDI BASS like this.
  14. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I have gotten used to more balanced tension sets like the 43-63-85-107 Pro Steels that I’m putting on most of my basses, these days. So, being able to buy whatever gauges I want, in increments of .005, is tempting! I could build 40-60-85-110 sets for around 10 bucks. I just don’t know if I’ll dig the tone and feel. They sell the strings in packs of 6. So, I’d have 6 sets to do something with, like em or not.

15. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    I'd be curious to hear about these also.

16. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'm just discovered this today. I keep wondering what are they most similar to?
    I can't find anyone else who still sells singles anymore.

17. You can still order just about any singles through Fret Nation. All you need to do is to email Jason at info@fretnation.com and let him know what you need.

18. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    you can also order singles of juststrings bulk selection. For those that are interested, the nickel strings feel like ghs strings to me.

19. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Yeah, if the neck can handle it. And only one string at a time at that. Tension varies as the square of the increased pitch, so raising the pitch of the string 1/2 octave doubles the tension on that one string. A firm, but not harsh tug to settle the string is one thing, but this can pop the string, damage the bass, and otherwise be very inconvenient at best when (yes, I said when, not if) something does go awry.

JEDI BASS likes this.
  20. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Agree! Tuning up a step would be the most I’d ever go. Although I prefer to just buy quality strings that don’t stretch a lot, and give them a tug once installed.