Juststrings.com strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Jan 3, 2006.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Has anyone tried these? Just ordered some packs of individual strings from them earlier this week and waiting on them to arrive in the mail.

Anyone have any experience with these?

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do you mean strings that are branded 'juststrings.com' brand?
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oh..nope havent tried those..
    I do have some TI flats that hopefully will be arriving today from juststrings.. My fretless is desperate.
  4. I wanted to order from them but ive heard it takes while :(
  5. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I'm only buying from them for the 2nd time today, but in posts I read, juststrings.com is the most popular site on the 'net!
  6. :eyebrow:

I ordered from them Mon Dec 26 and received strings Fri Dec 30. Not a very long wait at all!
  7. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    JustStrings.com is pretty good. I ordered DM Blue Steels from them and got them pretty quickly... I dunno where "the cheapest" part comes in, but i'll probably always use them when i'm at school since there's no guitar store close by.
  8. They're pretty good guys, I used when I bought my La Bella flats. They are fast shippers, I recomend them.

:bassist: on :) :hyper: :D
  9. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I've always had great service from them, maybe it's because their shipping warehouse is only about a half hour away from me, but none the less they are great, never had a problem.
  10. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I recently ordered a half dozen sets of the JustStrings.com "unbranded" store brand, but haven't gotten around to using them yet (I keep quite a few extra sets around, just in case ;)). But I can at least tell you they're professionally packaged in heavy-duty clear plastic shrinkwrap. And there was no delay on the delivery at all - just the usual 2-3 day transit time via USPS Priority Mail. OK, my "E" strings were on backorder for maybe 3-4 extra days, so they were delayed accordingly. But no big deal - I wasn't in a hurry, and I'm happy to cut them a little slack...

JustStrings.com rules... :cool:

11. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    im not even talking about their serverice. I've bene purchasing from them for years..

I'm talking about THEIR BRAND strings.. -_-;
  12. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Thanks! I've always liked the service of juststrings.com

It's good to hear that other TB'ers buy juststrings.com unbranded strings. Hope more TBers turn to these ;)

6 sets of 5 different gauges for $75 is definitely not bad
  13. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I had some trouble about a year and a half ago, ordering some La Bella steels for my 6 string. I was ambitious, and ordered 6 single strings in various gauges. Sadly, none of them were very popular (.140, .102, & .028 are all I remember).

Well, I recived 3 of them (D G C), and not the rest. Nothing in the invoice said anything about a backorder or anything, so I waited a couple days. Still nothing, not even an e-mail or phone call saying what was going on. The post office hadn't gotten anything either, and just not delivered it or something.

Finally, I e-mailed juststrings, and they said that the other strings were backordered by La Bella, and that I would only have to wait a few days. I waited 4, then e-mailed again. The reply I got explained that I should have been informed that it may be as long as 2 months to receive my strings.

I gave up. I know it wasn't their fault, but they could have informed me before shipping the other strings and charging me for them of the situation. Even before placing the order, I e-mailed them to explain why I was doing it that way.

Oh well, someday I may go back to them. Prices are great.
  14. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I always get their OEM brand singles fast (2 to 3 days clear across the country) - though occasionally one size out a group will be on backorder - and it usually shows a day or two later.

Their nickelwound seem to be just about the same as any other quality nickelwound (no silks if that matters to you), but I don't know about the SS ones.
  15. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I ordered from JustStrings and got my strings in a few days. Great service!

16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Juststrings.com is great. If the strings are in stock, they always arrive two days after they ship, of course they're in NH and I'm right next door in MA. I just ordered a set of Labella Flats a few weeks ago and got an email that they were out of stock, and to my surprise they had them back in stock and shipped out about a day and a half later. That's something :)

It's funny though, one day my mailman came to my door (he's got long hair, beard..looks like he might be a musician) "So I see you order from Juststrings Huh? What do you play? I've been up to their place in NH a few times myself" That was pretty cool. I forgot to ask if he'd want to jam though :)
  17. i used them once, not bad. then i got made fun of by my friends for using no-names...but my friends are all a$$e$...