Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

juststrings.com & Sunbeam

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by blipndub, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Kudos to an online company that doesn't disappoint!

Ordered a set of Sunbeams online and they were in my hand by the end of the week (about 3 days). From NJ to WA, pretty good I think. Price was right, shipping cost was right, service was perfect.

Sunbeams: Good balance of roundwound brightness and nickel softness. They are a bit lighter in the guage than I anticipated. I don't know if .045 is a measurement of the whole string or the core but these seem "narrower" than other 45s. Anyway, they are great, I've been looking for Sunbeams for a long time and I recommend them for that "not too bright but not flatwound" feel.

I think they are comparable to the GHS pressurewounds but a little more slinky.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have found juststrings.com to be a little higher-priced than many online outlets, but as you mentioned, their service is second-to-none. They have shipped me stuff faster than anyone else (except the Dude). Elderly is also good, but they don't have the huge selection that juststrings has.

3. Matthew T.

Matthew T.

Feb 17, 2002
    Springdale, AR
    I just got my first set of Sunbeams (medium-lights to be exact) through juststrings last week. I like 'em a lot, although I may need to try the nickel-plated Lowriders. Hex cores might bring out more of the low-mids I so love.

I'm with you all the way on the nickel plating, though. Stainless is just too bright for me. (Works fine for Marcus, Jaco, etc., however.)