1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JustStrings.com

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Toastfuzz, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just received my order, and the first thing I had to do was make this post to sing praises and recommend to fellow bassists the retailer JustStrings.com. I placed an order April 14th for D'Addario XL's for my 6 string and DR Lo-Riders for my 4, and received them today, April 16th. Even though it only came from New Hampshire to Pennsylvania, thats quick order processing. They also threw in a bag of 6 picks with their logo on them. Good prices, huge selection, I found a link to them from someone recommending them in another thread, and they are a great retailer to order from.

2. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I like bigcitystrings.com too. A few different brands.

3. I got mine in just a few days too, and the picks were a nice touch.

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    They are nice but I don't shop there anymore because of their shipping costs. 7 bucks to ship? I can get my strings from Music123 for the same cost with free shipping.

5. I have always liked their service. I 've only had one problem with an order, and they immediately fixed the problem, and even called to see if they could do anything else and see if I was happy with it.
    That's service you do not see much these days.

FG

6. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    Just got my order in. 2 days to NJ... not bad.

2 things I like about this place:

1) Their prices INCLUDE shipping, so no extra charges popping up once you "load up your cart"... and
    2) I noticed on my receipt that the order was checked twice for accuracy, once when it was pulled, and once again when packed for shipment (and was initialed both times). It's nice to see someone cares enough to believe in accountability, double check their orders for accuracy, and still offers competitive pricing.

I highly recommend them and I'm sure I'll be using them from now on since I buy my strings in singles to make custom gauge sets.

7. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    i jus ordered a set of TI jazz flats 34" from juststrings.com.... i live in texas so how long do you think it would take to arrive :D

8. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Ordered some SIT strings on sunday night, and got them on wednesday. Great company, I will definately order from them again.

I noticed the exact same thing. Too bad other websites don't do the same thing. Sam Ash sent me 10 sets of guitar strings instead of bass strings.

9. what about to Canada???

10. conqr

conqr

Feb 16, 2009
    Been an occasional customer for years, and particularly I appreciate their policy of accepting international credit cards as I do not live in the US, nor visit frequently any more. On the few occasions I ever call they are always courteous and helpful and I can always get the strings I prefer. Great company.

and yes, the picks were a nice surprise in my last order :)

11. awall

awall

Oct 30, 2006
    They ship fast to Canada too. I think I pay $6.95 to ship 1 set or 20 sets. I usually order lots to make the shipping per set less the nI sell the extra sets to friends to make back the rest. I also get a free Fender tuner when I order Fender strings too. I have about 6 of these tuners now. I give them too kids in my church who are learning to play.
    Al

12. Falkner

Falkner

Mar 5, 2008
    I noticed that too and am extremely pleased. I don't live too far away, but a 2-3 day wait from when I click "submit" is great time IMO. Good prices, selection, and overall great service from them.

13. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    +1

14. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I have ordered several sets of strings from these folks as well. Very fast shipping and only 6.95 to ship multiple sets.
    The thing I like the best is the communication. I always appreciate any company that lets me know the status of my order, even when it ships like lightning!

15. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I always order from juststrings.com.

After having switched over to mostly playing with a pick, I've accumulated a ton of picks...none of which are really what I'm looking for. Either it was the feel, or too slippery, too thick, too light, too flexible, too much of one thing and not enough of another. Whatever it was, I never really found a pick that felt just right.

Then along comes 6 picks in a bag with my string order from juststrings.com. Exactly the pick I now use all the time. I'm sure I can find the same non-branded pick somewhere, but these picks literally fell into my lap (they really did fall into my lap when I opened the envelope my strings came in. :D).

Anyway, I love their service. Always get my order on time...which is a good thing when it comes to changing strings. Too bad I switched to flats as I might not order again in a long while.

16. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    +1 - I just need a single Elixir and it's $10 for the string and $7 to ship. $7 for ONE STRING?. They seem to be the only place I can find with a single .135, though. When I need a few things at once, they are quick and they have a lot of singles for me to build my own set.

17. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Exactly

18. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    They have the most comprehensive selection anywhere I have found. If it was not for Just Strings, the freedom of choice would be reduced a bit.