1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Juzek 1930's Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by BAJO, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BAJO

BAJO Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    West Orange,NJ
    Price:
    $8000.
    Strings:
    Here's another fine 1930's Juzek that I've had for a while and finally got it to play this pass May. It has a 41" string length and its super loud !! I've used it with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orch's collaboration with other Classical Orch [ Berlin, NY Phil, Czech Phil ] and all I get is compliments of its sound and how much it carries... I'm selling it to get rid of it for space at home and do not seem to be using it pass July anymore.. If you have any questions plz email at

henriquezjazz09@gmail.com

Thank you,

Carlos

Attached Files:

Henry Hohn likes this.
  2. bassmastan

bassmastan Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    New York, NY
    What happened to the back/neck?

3. BAJO

BAJO Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    West Orange,NJ
    There was an old repair that looked nasty so I decided to add an ebony piece. It seems like it might've fallen or dropped yrs ago however, it is strong ... The loop in the back might be from a Morelli import but have't really confirmed it. The back and front have an original swell that most Juzeks do not carry.

4. Jason Sypher

Jason Sypher Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    But it's also got a nice neck reset with a great overstand that probably feels great to play. Another nice one....